Moving To Sohar from India

I am an Electrical & Automation engineer with over 6 years of experience. I am joining in an aluminium company and have been offered 1250 OMR, no accommodation. initially 1200 OMR for setting up home, medical, yearly bonus upto 20 % of basic (basic = 7200 OMR yearly) on basis of company's performance, two trips back to India with family on paid leave, children school fees (No children yet, so does not count). I want to save 500 OMR per month and maintain a decent lifestyle, maintain a car, have 3-4 family dinners (monthly) in decent restaurant, 2-3 movies (monthly) and family outing to Muscatt once in two months. Can someone please provide the breakup for expense of a family (2 Members).
House Accommodation : (2 BHK in decent locality Preferably Indian) ?
Electricity : ?
Water : ?
Mobile : ?
Internet : (Unlimited pack)?
Groceries : ?
Entertainment : (as explained earlier)?
Car : (if i buy a car costing around 5500 OMR on loan) How much Down payment is required and monthly installment if loan for 5 years ?
Fuel: (If driving around 80 Km daily) ?
Driving License : (One Time) ?
Home Setup Cost (Decent) : (One Time) ?
Any Other incidental costs that i may be missing, Please guide.
Also Please tell me if the salary is at par or should i try to negotiate.

Hi itsvipulkumar,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I am sure the members will provide you with some useful information very soon.

Have a nice day and happy new year :)

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Please reply

I also want to know these info. Pls may I ask contributors to reply?

The cost of living in Sohar is comparatively lesser than it is in Muscat. The package offered is good. And you should be able to save at least about 50% of your monthly income.

Detailed break-ups of all costs (for Muscat) have already been provided in great details in the forum. Look under 'Cost of Living in Muscat'. You can reduce the costs from that for Sohar by about 10% - 20% for groceries and house rent. Perhaps it is even more. Utility bills, internet charges, car, fuel, home set up charges would pretty much remain the same.

Good luck.