Any Expats in Vung Tau, want to meet up?

Hello!
My hometown is in Vung Tau, i'm studying in HCM city. I often back to VT every weekend when i do not have any class. I saw many Russian here and some countries, any Expats have free time, we can hanging out and making friend.
Nice to meet you all! Vung Tau Welcome! :)

sure share ur no. to contact

HI Emmy :
I just returned to Vung Tau and am interested in making new friends. I would like to establish an English club here.  It would be free and open to anyone who wants to practice their spoken English.  We could meet once or twice a week and have coffee and chat.  Perhaps you and your friends may be interested in helping me set it up.  I would approach the foreigners that I know and find some who would be willing to come and chat.  Let me know what you think.
Gary

garyww wrote:

HI Emmy :
I just returned to Vung Tau and am interested in making new friends. I would like to establish an English club here.  It would be free and open to anyone who wants to practice their spoken English.  We could meet once or twice a week and have coffee and chat.  Perhaps you and your friends may be interested in helping me set it up.  I would approach the foreigners that I know and find some who would be willing to come and chat.  Let me know what you think.
Gary

Sure, i will join when i have free time. Just give me the address of your club. thanks!

I have not started it yet.  I am looking for some local people to help set it up.  IT would only be a meeting once or twice a week in a coffee shop somewhere and would be an opportunity for anyone who wanted to practice speaking English.  It would be free.  I would find the foreigners to come.

emmy.vn wrote:
garyww wrote:

HI Emmy :
Gary

Sure, i will join when i have free time. Just give me the address of your club. thanks!

Hi Emmy.vn and Gary!

Pls inform me when you'll offline!

Hi; Not much response so far. My phone is 01228862678 if anyone would like to help set this up. Thanks
Gary

garyww wrote:

Hi; Not much response so far. My phone is 01228862678 if anyone would like to help set this up. Thanks
Gary

I found an English club already set up at the Youth Cultural Center but unfortunately didn't get to check them out due to the Lunar New Years break.  I plan on checking them out; we may not have to reinvent the wheel.

Great. Let me know.  If it is children, I would not be interested. They can go to school and learn. I want to help the ones that are working or finishing Uni and need to improve their communications skills. But let me know anyway. THanks.

garyww wrote:

Great. Let me know.  If it is children, I would not be interested. They can go to school and learn. I want to help the ones that are working or finishing Uni and need to improve their communications skills. But let me know anyway. THanks.

I did say I'd go check it out didn't I?  Well this past Sunday I did go to the Youth Cultural House and found the English Speaking Club.  It's a group of about a dozen young professionals working on improving their speaking skills.  There is a retired Welsh guy (from the UK) there that's been going to the club for about three years who kinda acts like an adviser but the club is ran by a veteran member.  He does a good job and sticks to the agenda. 

The members are very interested in improving their speaking skills; they get all excited and mispronounce everything but they try and that's the important thing.  So you're welcome to go and meet a few friends. 

They start on Sundays at 8:30 AM on the 3rd floor of the Cultural Center.  Don't make the mistake of going to the second story where I think there is a political party meeting.  Just hang outside the door and if you hear English, then you got the right room.

Great. Do you have an addresd. Asked and they don`t know in English. Thanks

Hi Gary!

so far, i login this website.
have you free time at the weekend, I'd like to invite you go to coffee-shop.

Hi Gary

Always up for meeting new people. My gf is learning English and it would be good for her too. I'm home in April, I'll contact you when I get back... :top:

Sounds good See you in April

Hi Streamline. [Moderated: no sharing of phone number on the forum pls]

HI Tran:
I went on Sunday to a building I thought may be the Youth Cultural House on Quang Trung St. There were many young people there practicing music and it was a 4 story building. It has a swimming pool and it is adjoined by a Uni building. Walked all over and saw no one speaking English. Must have been the wrong place.  Can you get me an address?  I would like to go and check it out.  THanks.
Gary

Yes where is the right place

Hi Gary,

I am interested in english club, please contact me via my skype: tranhang-hrm to discuss.

Have a nice day!
R
H

The English Club meets every Monday and Friday evening at the Cafe Anh Van at 72 Xo Viet Ngho Tinh. Contact. Mr Thao at ***.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system if necessary. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sure my mobile ***. Yc

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system if necessary. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct