What does the Prefecture Require to Exchange your U.S. Driving License

I need to know what exactly the French Prefecture asks of you when you exchange your U.S. Driving License for a French one. And yes I already know that France will exchange the driving licenses of some states but not others. Is all that is required is your American driver's license or does the Prefecture also ask for your state driving record or abstract of your driving record? Please someone who has been through this process recently answer my question! Thank you.

Hi,

I've been through th process four years behind and for what i do know now it has been harder. Here's a link of what the prefecture asked for: ville-joinville-le-pont.fr.enligne2424.fr/m/vos-droits/F1460
I remembered having filled a form with 2 photos, they take my driving licence and gave me a paper i can drive with for 6 months. They check with the country you get your driving licence if everythng is ok (if it's a real one) and when everything is ok, u'll receive the french driving licence by post.
Try to check with your prefecture website for what is needed.

If your are french, u must have lived during 6 months in a row at least in the country you get your driving licence from (check the stamp entry/exit on your passport). As i read you are already french so what follow not important for you but good to know ;)
If you are not french, you have to do this by the first year you get a 'titre de sejour'.

Hope this helps.
Sammy