New Member arriving soon with children and dog!

Hi

My husband has been just offered a job in Riyadh and is going in a few days and me and the kids will be following in a few months.

I am looking forward to my new adventure and would appreciate any tips and advice anyone can give me.  As well as my 3 children who will hopefully be going to the British International School  I have a dog who we are planning on bringing with us.

Does anyone else have a dog and are there good places to take them for a run?

Hi twinkletoes1-5,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your post was moved on the Riyadh forum for better visibility.

I invite you to browse through the living in Saudi Arabia guide which might provide you with some useful information.

You can also look over the different threads on the forum.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Its too hard to explain, coz i have not seen any dog outside. Heard of some strict rules for pets, so please confirm things in advance. Welcome to riyadh, hope you have a good time.

I am sure you will be in a compound, and that's the perfect place to walk/run your dog.  I would not recommend you take the dog out of the compound in the open, as Riyadh is a conservative city

Hello there
I read this somewhere hope it helps. All dogs wishing to enter Saudi Arabia must be classified as “working dogs” (i.e. watch dogs, seeing-eye dogs, hunting dogs, etc…).  The purpose of such dogs must be shown in a Veterinary Certificate.  Permission must be obtained prior to arrival from an embassy or consulate of Saudi Arabia.

Hi There,
Seen you are moving to Riyadh and thought I would drop you a little message as I'm moving there in one week! When is it you go? I've worked in Jeddah for a year and it's defiantly a culture shock but it's also a great experience! :0)

Hi,
I'm in Riyadh for 2 month now. It is not to bad. Drop me a line when you have arrived.

Rudi

Hi! As someone mentioned above..Dogs aren't welcome here unless requisite permissions are taken.... you need to check the Saudi embassy in ur home country for details...

Thank you very much for your help. I will be looking into this carefully and have been in touch with people in the UK.  I think my husband will have to deal with it in Riyadh when he gets there aswell.

Good luck with your move next week . Keep me posted of how you get on.   Am expecting to arrive by July .

hi

how you found riyadh ?

is it a great city (: