OK, I am testing the waters here!

I am an ex-pat from the States (US) living and working here in Jeddah and I have been posting in the Riyahd section for a bit now, but I find those guys just don't have much to offer by way of specifics to those of us living in Jeddah.

Don't get me wrong, those folks are great! I just think, deep down they harbor some jealousy towards us because we live in the Jewell of the KSA right on the Red Sea.

There is a little risk in venturing out on our own however. I have been told that folks living in Jeddah are having too much fun doing other things than to spend time blogging on forums such as this, so maybe I will find I am all alone here. I hope not, because, as in my case, there are new arrivals every day in Jeddah who could really benefit from the insight and support from some of the "old timers" that have been around awhile.

So how about Jeddites? Tell me what are the best experiences that await the new arrival to Jeddah? I am just aching to get started ;)

deep down they harbor some jealousy towards us

I hope you were joking but I did't see a smilie to indicate you were!! 

Anyway, as for me, unfortunately I've never been to Jeddah so I'm not in a position to answer any Jeddah-specific questions.  I guess it's that way with most of us.

(oh, and from what I've heard about 'your' humidity, trust me, there ain't too much jealousy on my part lol)

Alliecat wrote:

deep down they harbor some jealousy towards us

(oh, and from what I've heard about 'your' humidity, trust me, there ain't too much jealousy on my part lol)

+1!
After I spent couple of weeks in Jeddah breathing liquid air :o... I was so happy to come back to Riyadh!

Saudi is full of extreme mesurements everywhere. lol.

wilson, I hope you find your answers in here. though I would like to know what were your un-answered questions ? :/

Salman

All cities in KSA have their own share of beauty, charm, opulence, and life. Ive lived in most of the big ones and have enjoyed every moment of it although my favorite will always remain, ALKHOBAR.

In Riyadh, if you go out in the day during summer, you feel your brain getting fried.

In Khobar, if you go out in the night during summer, you cannot breath, coz of the humidity. Same goes for Jeddah, I am sure.

So take your pick ;)

In Riyadh, if you go out in the day during summer, you feel your brain getting fried.

In Khobar, if you go out in the night during summer, you cannot breath, coz of the humidity. Same goes for Jeddah, I am sure.

So take your pick

Obviously the pick HAS to be Riyadh since many people seem to survive perfectly well without brains.  However, we HAVE to breathe!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alliecat wrote:

So take your pick

Obviously the pick HAS to be Riyadh since many people seem to survive perfectly well without brains.  However, we HAVE to breathe!!

Excellent observation Allicat..was waiting for someone to point that out :)

I was hoping other cities would be posted..because it didnt make sense just to talk about Riyadh..can't wait to read more about your experiences in Jeddah.....:cool:

come on ppl how about sand storm did u enjoy it :P
we had sand storm last week and before it came to us it started at Riyadh:cool:.

@ mtwilson i am kinda late to say welcome to my home town!

Alliecat wrote:

You make-a me larfa!!!!!!!!!!!

mtwilson wrote:

So how about it Jeddites? Tell me what are the best experiences that await the new arrival to Jeddah? I am just aching to get started ;)

Any news from the Jeddites? ;)

I was hoping other cities would be posted..because it didnt make sense just to talk about Riyadh..can't wait to read more about your experiences in Jeddah.....

It seems not to have occurred to many of you but the reason the chat is primarily about Riyadh is that most of us LIVE in Riyadh!!!

Wait and see! Your little city forums will be DEAD.  You'll be sneaking into OUR forum to vicariously enjoy our fun chat, clever wit and overall stimulating observations about life in the Kingdom!

:lol::lol::lol:

Jeddah is the best city in the kingdom
You have more freedom then any other city
Also it's located on sea side so it's food city and all kind of food you can find it here unlike Riyadh
If you finish work at PM so I think you will have greet time to spend in Jeddah
There is red sea mall where you can go at night or al-Arab mall, Jeddah mall, mega mall
Or you can walk by the sea side in al kornesh
As a single man here in Jeddah you are restricted to some places at night time as most of malls on weekend restricted to family only so you better find a women next to you for full enjoyment and tour 

any way i am free most of the time i can pick you up and take you around in jeddah
my mobile: 0562443040
or email me

mad_4u wrote:

Jeddah is the best city in the kingdom
You have more freedom then any other city
Also it's located on sea side so it's food city and all kind of food you can find it here unlike Riyadh
If you finish work at PM so I think you will have greet time to spend in Jeddah
There is red sea mall where you can go at night or al-Arab mall, Jeddah mall, mega mall
Or you can walk by the sea side in al kornesh
As a single man here in Jeddah you are restricted to some places at night time as most of malls on weekend restricted to family only so you better find a women next to you for full enjoyment and tour 

any way i am free most of the time i can pick you up and take you around in jeddah
my mobile: 0562443040
or email me

Sounds like a travel brochure and dating advice rolled into one.

Have you guys been to any of the comedy shows in the kingdom? They are mostly in Riyadh and Jeddah. They are in English :)

Thats the website

smileksa.com/smile/

By The way there are lots of things goin on in Jeddah. I will try to post here as much as I can

hmm
ALBaik broasted chicken is one of the yummiest experiences here,
hmm , the old down town, the huge fountain on the ,
Tahliya street with all the brands and luxury shopping malls

and finally, the friendly weather (especially humidity )loool