Tax refound or not

Hi friends..
I am joined Malaysian company for 18 sep 2013. still my company is  tax detection for 26% in 182 days.
What i want means this 26% tax refundable or not.

Thanks

Hi, ur tax returns wil be refunded after u file ur tax following year... after file ur tax, fill up all the amount to declare after calculation, the amount of tax that you need to pay will be stated out... whateva amount been deducted from ur salary wil be totaled up and wil minus the tax amount that you have to pay for 2013... the balance wil be return to you post April 2014... via cheque or via bank transfer im not so sure, maybe you need to check with the person responsible when you file your tax later part

Hi ONLY if you are present in Malaysia on then 31st December 2013 and were resident in Malaysia since Sep (best you never left but some allowance is made). The 31st Dec is absolute. If you are away NO TAX REFUND.

You file online and the tax refund will be April 2014 to Dec 2016 (yes some take over 2 years - happened to friends - not to me yet - I hope not this year!)

Your tax will be worked out as what is taxable on gross earnt as if for the whole Jan-Dec tax year so likely you get most of it back. You need a special tax paid form from your employer and your tax ref no..

If for any reason they didn't pay your taxes (and this has happened to three expats I know) you will be asked to pay it. Some local employers take the tax charge and "forget to pay". Usually smaller dodgier ones! But I know a couple of schools that did this to friends.

Thank u very much..