Builder Required

We have a 200-yr old farm house in Preggio, Umbria between Lake Trasimeno and Umbertide. It requires complete restoration (roof and floor replacement, utilities etc.) and we are looking for a good builder to begin work ASAP. If you know of a local builder that you would be happy to recommend we'd love to hear from you.

I would recommend my builder to anyone, S. Chiasserini of Sansepolcro, but its 50km to your place, dont know if he would travel, if they are short of work they might, he has a website: http://www.chiasserini-costruzioni.it/
His boys did everyhting on my project, to the best quality etc. Of course we had a few fallings out but we are all friends now.  You can read what we did on my blog:
http://chickenhouseproject.typepad.com/ … r_tuscany/

Best of luck
Jonty

Hi Mkenyon,
I am based in Sardinia but come to the mainland to work for clients as well as here..I have all the tradespeople required (all Italian).If you are interested please contact me..regards Sarda45

I am a project manager and I know many builders.
Yet I cannot give you a recommendation for anyone unless I understand what you aim to get from this property.
A historic building can be reclaimed or can be rebuilt. If you wish to use the volume of the old buiding to build a new home then I would suggest a certain type of builder.
If on the other hand you are passioante about historic homes like I am and wish to reclaim this property, salvaging its features and delicately bringing it into this century, then I have another list of builders for you.
It's not the end result (you'll have a lovely house in both cases) but how you get there!
Please feel free to contact me if you'd like my input - with no commitment - I'll gladly pop in as I live in Mantignana!
Bibi
[Moderated: No free ads]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi

I can recommend my builder from Castiglione del Largo, Chris

He has restored my farmhouse and build a new garage and apartment and pool, absolutely first class. There are plenty of photos on my website of the restoration, casanestore.com and you can view the apartment holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/castiglione-della-valle/150305

If you want further info and Chris's deatails send me an email [email protected]

If you want to meet up to discuss and see further photos etc, we are in Bramley, just south of Reading, so not to far away

Regards

Nick

Hi

We are looking to purchase and renovate a village house in Sardinia and want to get rough idea of roofing costs etc..