Citizen

Hi, how to become a citizen of Sri Lanka?

Hi
You can  be a citizen but there are various types of visas that can be applied by foreigners.
Go to this link.
http://www.immigration.gov.lk/web/?lang=en
You cn directly dial their numbers to get the relevant information.
If anything more to clarify, feel free to ask me back.

Armenia's such a lovely country....why would you want to give up your nationality? Sri Lanka's nice but you need to consider the cultural differences. Come out here and live for a while and see if you like it.

Hello, thanks for your answer.    
Recently, I was in Sri Lanka and I fell in love with the culture and nature...  I want to move to this country, because there are all the conditions for family cosiness and quiet life for my children. My country is beautiful really, but I wonder SL culture and life, from my everyday life.  I'm a lawyer by profession but I was  tired from my everyday life and Sri Lanka in this sense, perfect. Besides the children would also be interested in....I want to start there business, so we'll see what happens.....

Thank you very much, dear MAL.....

Dear Narinenana, I think I gave you a totally different info by one word mistake. I edited it now. But please wait until I will call the authority and get confirmed the updated info. I will ring you back :cool:

Thank you Dear Mal,  you gave me usefull information.I hope that I can realize my dreams and move to Sri Lanka..... :)

[Moderated: pls avoid posting your personal details]

Dear Narinenana, Today I called to the Immigrations for the updated news regarding "Sri Lankan citizenship". I am so sorry to inform you that by now they have stopped  giving citizenship for a total foreigner. They give only the Duel-citizenship for the children born to Sri Lankans out of the country or to the people whose spouse is a Sri Lankan. So sorry but you can try another kind of visa. All the best!

Thank you dear Mal for your information!

narinenana wrote:

Thank you dear Mal for your information!

Your welcome. Please try residence visa!