WHERE DO EXPATS DEPOSIT THEIR MONEY? HELP

hi im new in the uae, living in abu dhabi. i understand you cannot open up a bank account here, so where does everyone put their money??  appreciate all your help

Hi, who told u u cannot open a bank account? Sure u can

alot of my colleagues, they said you have to be a residence permit holder and then you can open up a bank acc

Not really, some of the banks ll help u with that as Long as u have an employment visa ( the pink slip)

well i dont know what visa i have. work dont provide a visa. i havent been here for more than 40 days yet, but nearer to the time i have to go to oman get a visa and come back to abu dhabi

Ask for cheques made out to cash. You can then redeem them at their branch, with passport as ID.
You can open an account at NBD as a tourist, but you only get a debit/machine card with it. And you need to keep 5000AED minimum in the account or pay charges. Passport and last three bank statements from your country are required.

Hope this helps
J

u eed to have a residency visa,which ur emplyore will process post ur successful medical clearance.it will take hardly 2 weeks.just wait

suresh.chettiyar wrote:

u eed to have a residency visa,which ur emplyore will process post ur successful medical clearance.it will take hardly 2 weeks.just wait

THIS IS INCORRECT JUST GO TO NBD

The delay in Residence Permit/Employment Visa is primarily due to Emirates ID.  Get your company PRO move that quickly for you.