Cost of Lliving in Guanajuato

I've lived in Mexico before (DF) and am planning to come back for about 6 months, but this time in Guanajuato, Gto.

I'm wondering what cost of living is like in general, and specifically what kind of apartment I could get for US $300/month?

Some background: I'm fairly young (30s) and don't need a ton of space or luxury. I'm a writer, so my ideal would be a small furnished apartment with wi-fi so I can work at home.

What do you think?

Let's call it 5,000 pesos. Look here [url=http://search.vivanuncios.com.mx/rentar-departamento+ciudad-guanajuato?lb=new&search=1&start_field=1&sp_housing_nb_bedrs[start]=&sp_housing_nb_bedrs[end]=&sp_housing_sq_ft[start]=&sp_housing_sq_ft[end]=&keywords=&cat_1=76&sp_housing_monthly_rent[start]=&sp_housing_monthly_rent[end]=5000&sp_housing_nb_bedrs[start]=&sp_housing_nb_bedrs[end]=1&sp_housing_sq_ft[start]=&sp_housing_sq_ft[end]=&offer_type=offer&searchGeoId=120&end_field=]Vivanuncios[/url]

That sounds similar to what I'm looking for, a modest apartment.  I see you were looking last December (2013).  Did you find anything in the $300 range.

Tom