Cycling groups in Jubail

Hi i am in the final stage of obtaining my VISA to be working for Sadara.
initially i will be doing 6 months training outside the Kingdom.
But once i return i will be wanting to start my cycling back up, both MTB and Road.
was just wondering if there are many other keen cyclists in the area and how easy it is to do it out there?

Cheers Jordan

Jordan,

My other half James is starting with Sadara in March, waiting for finalisation of his visa too. We're both big road cyclists, doubt I'll be allowed to cycle freely etc being a woman but James would definitely be looking for a road cycling group/company for after the training period finishes and he is located in Jubail properly. Do you know where you will be based for the training yet?

I've read something on another thread saying that cycling is possible, albeit dangerous on main roads, and boring and flat on quieter roads. Although I may be getting confused with Bahrain (I was looking into possibility of us taking our bikes over the bridge to Bahrain on a weekend so that I would be able to cycle too).

I'd be interested to know more about the do's and don'ts for women in relation to cycling in Saudi, if anyone can help with that? Think there us only so much turbo training or loops of the compound I can do! :-)

Sarah

i have been told my training will initially be in Portugal but other people i know training for the same plant are being sent to Germany so i could end up there.
Yeah compound could get a bit boring haha.
Not sure as to how hilly Jubail or Bahrain is, because i do love a good hill or two.