Transferring of Driving License

Dear All..

I would like to inform details in regards to getting your driving licence transferred from previous Iqama to a new Iqama number. This is what happened with me in Al Khobar

1) Get your HR personnel know when you'll be visiting the Traffic Dept. As he will make himself available.. If you are hired in an Establishment.. If not then you do not need his services..

2) Unlike Yesteryear's where an individual had to stand in a que from 6 AM to get a number, things are much better now.. You can visit them at 10 Min before 8 AM or even later.. You will be served.. But before the Afternoon prayer..

3) Cop will give you a medical paper & another document. Take along a passport size photo with you.. He will stamp it along the paper. An Eye test and blood test needs to be done.. Just take a cab and visit a nearest authorized clinic.. they will conduct the test and stamp it..

4) return with the document and resubmit them along with your previous driving license. Join the first que again.. The cop verifies all the documents and asks you to join the other que..

5) The second cop accepts the documents and will ask you to come and collect your license the next day..

6) If there is any payment to be made, then this service is available just at the entrance of the driving school.. They will charge you a service charge of Sr. 20 - 25..

Pls. be advised to take photocopies of your documents.. as there is a long que for this and it is time consuming..

Also form filling is being done therewith by some agents.. They charge a petty amount.. 

Hope this may help others..

so i really need an eye test and blood test again? i think all of these are stated in the driver's license?

Yup.. I also had it in my license which was valid till year 2022.. but then they sent me again for the tests..

The doc will def. take an eye test.. as for the blood test, show your blood group type printed on your previous license and he will write in down on the form and have it stamped..

All the best !!