Applying to Masdar Institute

Hi,

I am planning to apply for a faculty position at Masdar Institute. I have a PhD from a well-known university and 2-years of post PhD experience in academia.

Considering that Masdar Inst is a new university, I have doubts about its quality, future and location. Of course, it's collaboration with MIT is a good sign. Still not enough to talk about Masdar Inst.

1- How good this university and what about its future? For instance, lets look at another university in the region, i.e. KAUST. Although it was established 2 years later (2009) than Masdar, it has a way larger faculty and still hiring people, all graduated from top universities. What can you say in that sense?

2- I haven't been UAE before, so I don't have a clear idea about the location of Masdar. What do you think about its location, social life etc.? What is the difference between living in Abu Dhabi and Dubai?

3- I believe that UAE is a not a cheap country. What should I expect in terms of (net) salary and extra benefits (e.g. housing allowance)?

4- How long does it take the hiring process?

Thanks.

university is good and international too but students i am not sure , they are a good listeners especially guys are too lazy but women are opposite.

2- I haven't been UAE before, so I don't have a clear idea about the location of Masdar. What do you think about its location, social life etc.? What is the difference between living in Abu Dhabi and Dubai?
Location is good and social life also good like europe. weather is little bit hot but i hope you can manage it. there is a restriction as a muslim country not completely like europe.
Dubai is little bit flexible and more enjoyable including social life.
i believe usually they will offer you initially as a good package.

one month will take hire process.

Hello there,

1- Masdar is growing slowly but I believe it has unique way to establish. Though it needs years but I don't mind it since it's in the capital city of the UAE and here everything is changing rapidly with a boost either from tourism and economics. Check their website, looks promising. http://www.masdar.ac.ae/

2- Masdar Institute is at Masdar city, its totally new city and located near to Abu Dhabi International Airport. Check this out for more info: http://masdarcity.ae/en/78/master-plan/

3- I recommend you to apply first because usually the hiring process take some time and that's only if they accept you as candidate. Once they contact you, negotiate with them the job contract and everything else you need to know.

Greetings from the UAE,
Saeed

So, how did it all work out for you?  Went to Masdar?

Would you recommend it as far as a good atmosphere?  Nice people? 

Or did you not make it there?