Visit lamanai ruins

I will be there in May with family and plan to visit the Mayan ruins. Every site I check runs around $120-150 per person to go to Lamanai and requires a long boat ride.  Are there any other options?  There will be 4 of us and one is 75 y.o. (good shape). 

Sounds like a very long, tiring, and expensive day.  Is there a way that is cheaper and without a 1 1/2 hour boat ride each way?
Thanks
Mitzi

The sites you are looking at, where are they quoting as a starting base for the trip to Lamania, If you are close to Orange walk the time travelling on the roads, and hopefully costs should be lower. But if you are based out in Cayo it will be longer and more expensive. The trip is basically a river trip to the site, so I am not sure you can lose the boat trip.

The boat trip is a very enjoyable part of the trip....well worth the money and the time.  We have done it several times with family and friends and we always see and/or learn something new. 

Cheaper way to do it?  Sure, you could drive....but everyone I know who has done that always says the same thing..DON'T.  The road has never been in great condition and I cannot believe that it is any better now and so would actually take you longer to drive it than the boat trip takes.

Whom have you received prices from?  There may be other options.