IS SAR 6500 monthly enough for a couple in Dammam?

Hi!

I am from New Delhi, India.

I have got a (band 6) job offer for Dammam location, SAR 6500 monthly + one time settlement amount of SAR 3000 + medical + annual paid leave with return ticket for family. This is a 2 years contract (renewable). Accomodation and travel at own expense.

Is this offer of SAR 6500 monthly enough to survive as well as save around 40% for Dammam? I am looking forward to stay in a rent 2bhk furnished house with internet and tv.

What is/should be the average salary to live a comfortable life there?

Please advise urgently by 16/12/2013 as i have to confirm my acceptance/rejection for this offer.

Thanks in advance to your honest replies.

Regards,
Mike.

Depends on your profession and the relative experience you have !!

It depends on your life style.  And the cost of living in Saudi is not much high.

wilson_derry wrote:

It depends on your life style.  And the cost of living in Saudi is not much high.

Still Lurking in Saudi forum, like some others ;) Good to see you after a long time !! :)

Well I went invisible but never left Expat.com. Qatar ain't have much bloggers compare to Saudi.  :lol:

saimans wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

Still Lurking in Saudi forum, like some others ;) Good to see you after a long time !! :)

a couple of posts have been moderated here. Amalgams and generalizations are dangerous for everyone and not really welcome on EB

thanks for your comprehension,

Julien

@ Julien :one

Hi! Mike... answers to ur main questions, below figures are for Riyadh but Damman may be around these too:-
1. 2 BHK rentals are from about 20K to 35K in good locality and with good maintenance. So abt avg. 2500  per month
2. Living expenses on groceries abt 1500

As people said salary depends on ur experience and line of work.. prima facie 6500 is way too low a reason to move to saudi in case u have a good life back in Delhi..

Hi Dear

The salary depend upon yrs e xperiance and yours qualification.
U want to live alone or with family

U can find a house of 2 bedrooms around 18 to 24 k SAR/Year

Grossry is around 1500 SAR

If kids are school going than Inidan Internatin School is very good and with reasonable price

Good luck

Please let me know your expereince and proffesion so i may give you an honest advice .

Dear Members,

Thank you all for your valuable replies even for the ones which I see have been deleted.

Please note, I am a qualified graduate from a leading fashion school and working as a retail professional here in India. This offer is for area/cluster manager with a well know multinational retail company.Also, I have 9 years of work experience related to the retail industry.

This offer is a bit more than what i presently earn.

Regards,
Mike. :)

I think you should take this oppurtunity if it is far better then what you are earning now .

I am also considering the same oppurtunity /package  for myself in Dammam to work for a multi national ice cream retail company.

Regards
Zohaib

Julien wrote:

a couple of posts have been moderated here. Amalgams and generalizations are dangerous for everyone and not really welcome on EB

Julien

Damn,I missed them! :mad:

Alliecat wrote:
Julien wrote:

Julien

Meow you missed it, some people without brain are here to blame culture.

Hi Wilson :)

Alliecat wrote:

Hi Wilson :)

Hello my meow :D

wilson_derry wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Julien wrote:

Julien

:) Can you PM me telling what was said? I'm curious.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

:) Can you PM me telling what was said? I'm curious.

SO.. you, too :P  Don't you know that curiosity killed the TLL? :lol:

Alliecat wrote:

You know what? Some famous proverbs need revisions on EB.

Curiosity had killed the cat Alliecat

but, satisfaction TLL brought it her back

Wilson Derry Dairies help them both.

:lol::lol::lol:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

You know what? Some famous proverbs need revisions on EB.

Curiosity had killed the cat Alliecat

but, satisfaction TLL brought it her back

Wilson Derry Dairies help them both.

:lol::lol::lol:

The leg ends when you try to lead.:D:o:lol:

Sand storm in Qatar. What's the latest update from Riyadh. Lol

TheLegendLeads wrote:

but,  TLL brought it her back

:dumbom:

hmmm....

Dear friend,

For a good 2BHK flat in Dammam, in decent locality  - SAR 1500 per month
Travel depends( if near to office)                                - SAR 500 per month
Grocery, Internet, Mobile, TV, shopping etc               - SAR 1500 per month
TOTAL                                                                        -  SAR 3000 per month

Provided the medical insurance by your employer, you can easily save at least 3000 SAR per month. This is minimum saving amount and maximum can go up to SAR 4000 per month which depends on your cost cutting strategies.

So I think the offer is good to start a career in middle east and later on you will get lot of oppurtunities.

When compared to Delhi, you will be in comfort zone in case of saving.

I am also from Delhi, moved to KSA 3 months back.

So..Best of luck.

Regards,
Kumar

Thanks my friends. :)

Sorry Man beg to differ...6500 is definitely isn't worth to warrant a move to Saudi...with 9 years of experience.... additionally:-
1. Retail sector is among the ones on radar for saudization ..I guess today govt has issued further guidelines on this...
2. India is going to have influx of major retailers with international firms allowed ...I read today that Tesco has applied to set up shop in India...

hey guys i need a advice ..i got a job offer for 4,500 SAR ...is it possible for me live a comfortable life with my wife and 6 month old baby there?pay rent and live?can i save?about how many SAR can i save monthly?