Motos----*******Where to rent a CBR???*******

Hi!  I've been living in SG for over 1 year renting a PCX for 2.5million per month but would really like to find a CBR, GSXR or R6. Can anyone help me? I've been all around Pham Ngu Lao and the only highline bikes a few places have are SH's but which would be ok if they were closer to the price I'm paying now but for a bike that only retails for $1-$2k more I dont want to pay more than 3million vnd per month. :-)

Hans.b wrote:

Hi!  I've been living in SG for over 1 year renting a PCX for 2.5million per month

So you've spent 30 million RENTING a motorbike for 1 year...

You DO realize you could have bought a good one with that kind of money, don't you?

You're not likely to find a place renting CBRs (over 175cc) until the government sorts out the A2 license deal coming next year. And even then, no one is sure if it will apply to foreigners. We hope and expect it will, but then again, this is Vietnam...

don't they have CBR125 in Vietnam? I know they  cost about $2500 in Canada so I'd say $50 mil in Vietnam for brand new.

175 would be ok I guess. Better than nothing haha! Do you know where to find one?

http://vietnam.craigslist.org/mca/

didn't see sportsbike but they pop up once a blue moon. There's a bunch of 125cc cruisers though.

Ah yes found a CB400 though it's in Hanoi for 85 mil

CB 400 Hanoi

khanh44 wrote:

don't they have CBR125 in Vietnam? I know they  cost about $2500 in Canada so I'd say $50 mil in Vietnam for brand new.

You forgot the tax! It's gonna cost 5,000 USD here in Vietnam!

I didn't forget the 100% import tax. I just didn't use a calculator.

Hello,

150 cbr

I think CBR 125 not available now. CBR 150 = 110000.000 VND

khanh44 wrote:

vietnamese now can take the A2 license. but i don't sure about foreigner. the fee is 2,35 mil đồng
https://photo.tinhte.vn/store/2013/12/2278210_bang-lai-a2_1.jpg

This will be interesting. I have the full motorcycle license so if foreigners can get A2 license would they get it automatically by license conversion or will it be the lower license.

Also how is the A2 test different from the lower license test? Just testing on a bike over 175cc or will they take them on a highway?

Because doing a figure 8 on something over 175cc especially a motorcycle with clutch is doable but still a bigger challenge.

yeah, you have to ride on the bike w/ over 175cc, and it almost the same as A1, but bigger 8,3, zig zag.....

khanh44 wrote:

This will be interesting. I have the full motorcycle license so if foreigners can get A2 license would they get it automatically by license conversion or will it be the lower license.

I'm hoping the same thing, I've got to renew my licence next year so I'm hoping I can just do the same for my A2 at the same time. However I'm not holding my breath.

khanh44 wrote:

Because doing a figure 8 on something over 175cc especially a motorcycle with clutch is doable but still a bigger challenge.

Not that much more of a challenge as long as you are comfortable with the weight and balance of the bike, slow riding like this is relatively easy.

What will be interesting is what bikes they will provide to do the test on, assuming they are going to implement it in the same way as the current A1 test.