Glasses - Opticians in Budapest

Hey,
I am in need of a pair of glasses. I visited some of the bigger opticians/glasses shops, but it's all kind of the same and rather outdated.
Does anybody know of a good place?

Hi nkolijn,

Please note that your post was moved on the Budapest forum for better visibility.

Have you tried doing some search on the internet?

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

I would definitely expect the lenses to be the same if working from the same subscription :-)
Are you talking about extra layers to apply to the lens?
Any trick, like multifocal?
Or what shape and color the frame is?

szocske wrote:

Or what shape and color the frame is?

Pretty sure the issue is the frames, not the lenses. Even my little countryside optician can fill my very complicated prescription under my terms (highest quality lens so they are super thin despite my myopia and astigmatism).

As for frames: I can suggest to rather try several small shops. The larger ones are often centrally supplied from the same source, and almost always have a poor selection. While the smaller ones may have more independence, and thus a greater variety of frames to choose from. Different small shops may have vastly different selections.

Another option is to shop on-line, and then find the frame look you like, take that image to frame store, and ask if they have something like that or if they can order it.

Yes, sorry I meant frames indeed. Well thanks for your messages. In the end I decided indeed to order a frame online and a smaller optician agreed to put the actual glasses in it.