Anyone else here in Cần Thơ?

Seems like almost everyone is in Saigon.

july 22nd 2014 i arrive in can tho :) hopefully we can meet up for a beer or coffee.

paulthecat11 wrote:

july 22nd 2014 i arrive in can tho :) hopefully we can meet up for a beer or coffee.

Coffee it shall be.  Are you coming to visit or stay?  Need any help?

am coming to stay, i have a friend who lives there with his phillipino gf, he is also from manchester same as me. he is giving me a lot of help thank you for your kind offer. :) btw my name is craig coffee will be great i do not drink alcohol :) i will pm you my fb details.

paulthecat11 wrote:

am coming to stay, i have a friend who lives there with his phillipino gf, he is also from manchester same as me. he is giving me a lot of help thank you for your kind offer.  btw my name is craig coffee will be great i do not drink alcohol :) i will pm you my fb details.

A fellow teetotaler.  Cool.  My name at left is my real one.  Here I go be Thiên.

cannot find you on fb chris pls add me i pm you my name :)

I am also currently living in Can Tho. Just found this forum / website while searching for info about a local cafe and joined to say hello.

kuidaore wrote:

I am also currently living in Can Tho. Just found this forum / website while searching for info about a local cafe and joined to say hello.

Let's meet up for cà phê sometime.  I'll be out of town until Sunday, headed to Phú Quốc.  Maybe next week?  At Cà Phê Pha Lê?

My hometown is in Cần Thơ, I'm living in Hồ Chí Minh City now but I usually go back my hometown to visit family. I'll be back there from 14th to 16th this month :P
Do you wanna go for a coffee? :P

thehobbit wrote:

My hometown is in Cần Thơ, I'm living in Hồ Chí Minh City now but I usually go back my hometown to visit family. I'll be back there from 14th to 16th this month :P

Sure :p

thehobbit wrote:

Absolutely!

Was in Can Tho for a few nights on 29, 30, 31st. Now back out in Tam Vu II for a few more nights before heading up to Nha Trang and maybe Pleiku - Kontum. Didn't run into anyone from the forum, but did meet a Finnlander married to a Viet Kieu whom he met while she was studying Finnish (in Finland). They are from Tam Vu 1. So there are some interesting expats in Can Tho and Hau Giang.

Happy Tet to all.

lirelou wrote:

Was in Can Tho for a few nights on 29, 30, 31st. Now back out in Tam Vu II for a few more nights before heading up to Nha Trang and maybe Pleiku - Kontum. Didn't run into anyone from the forum, but did meet a Finnlander married to a Viet Kieu whom he met while she was studying Finnish (in Finland). They are from Tam Vu 1. So there are some interesting expats in Can Tho and Hau Giang.

Happy Tet to all.

Heck guy while your wandering around memory lane in II Corp and in the Kontum area why not take a trip up to what used to be called Dak To (Tin Cahn sp?) and see what the old base camp of 299th looks like now days, then a short drive from there is BEN HET and you know why that's in caps.

Hey I was in Can Tho January 29 to Feb 1. Met a New Yorker that was married to Vietnamese lady Living next door to my cousins house.

Budman, still in Nha Trang and did not make it to Kontum. I was last up there in Dec 68. The stuff his the fan at BEEN HIT (A-244) in early to mid-69. I've been waiting for some interest in seeing the area again from any of the Yanks and Aussies who were there. Saw Keith Payne V.C. in July, and he expressed no interest in ever seeing the place again. I fear we are all approaching the stay-at-home age. Luckily I'm still a hair below that.

BTW, ate some horrible damned snake at Thanh Hoa (near Tam Vu I) during Tet. Got sicker than a dog for about four days. Stuff was so tough it was like eating highly elastic rubber.

Vietnam, it's an adventure! (retch, retch)

Paulthecat1 ??????

I'm in Cần Thơ.

jphardy wrote:

Paulthecat1 ??????

yes its me :) death to mac !

ahhh now i understand