Moving to Lisbon - HELP!

Hey,

Already made a post recently about the idea of moving to Lisbon or Porto; having done a little research into both cities, I'm basically set on Lisbon. Should be moving towards end of January/start of February.

Anyway, looking for advice on potential areas to move to, and to see if anyone could offer any suggestions on where to start for looking for an apartment.

So, ideally I'd like somewhere fairly central, somewhere in town near shops, restaurants, bars, nightlife, good transport links etc. Can anyone recommend any good regions that would be good to move to? Having spoken to someone briefly, they mentioned areas that fall into this category are: bairro alto, campo grande, campo pequeno, alcontra, belem, baixa. Can anyone recommend any of these areas for living, or have any comments otherwise?

Also, once set on a region, will have to start apartment hunting. Does anyone have any advice on where to begin? I'm looking for a modern, spacious 2 bedroom apartment; can anyone recommend any good agencies to get in touch with online, or any good long term rental websites, or anything like that at all?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Mikey

Hey Mickey,

I suggest you to visit appartements in parque dans Nacoes and in the center of Lisbon like baixa, biarro alto and around Praça da Liberdade, Marqués de Pombal.  There are location near bars, shops, malls. If you are looking for a job, you are near all business area.
I have a friend in Lisbon who can help you.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information.

See you son

Vanessa

Hi Mikey,

Good long term rental websites are:

casa.sapo.pt/EN/To-rent/
aeiou.bpiexpressoimobiliario.pt/arrendamento (only in Portuguese I think)
lisboa.olx.pt/ (only in Portuguese)

Good luck!

somewhere fairly central, somewhere in town near shops, restaurants, bars, nightlife, good transport links etc. Can anyone recommend any good regions that would be good to move to? Having spoken to someone briefly, they mentioned areas that fall into this category are: bairro alto, campo grande, campo pequeno, alcontra, belem, baixa.

Hum... Belém, Alcântara, Parque das Nações, Bairro Alto, are not central Lisbon, though the latter is close, at least to historical centre. Campo Grande is central-north, while Campo Pequeno is very close to the geographic center of Lisbon, that is around Saldanha.

Shops, restaurants and good transport links can be found everywhere in the city.

While it's true that the only public transport that covers the entire city is the Bus, all the areas have good services (meaning diverse): some areas don't have subway, but they have trams. Others don't have train, but have subway. Multi-platform stations can be found in many different places in all areas. The same thing happens with large malls, the city is now pretty well covered with them.

Of course if you want to be near bars and nightlife that means closer to Bairro Alto (though there are other areas with nightlife too).

You might also try - imovirtual.com/