What documents do I need to apply for a long term visa?

Hey Folks!

I know that many of you have done this already---so I thought I'd ask for some help. I'm applying for various jobs in Italy and will be applying for some kind of long term visa.

Can anyone direct me to a website where I might find a list of documents needed for each type of visa? I know it's out there somewhere. I've seen it before, but at the moment google is not being very helpful (either that, or I'm so tired that I'm not reading through the site properly---which is fully possible :) )

At any rate, I'm an American citizen---so looking to know what info I need to apply. I've heard it takes a while to get these things through the Los Angeles consulate in particular, so I'm trying to be proactive and get all my ducks in a row ahead of time.

Any advice or links to websites would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kira

hey, i was wondering if you've had any luck with the visa yet? I'm also an american looking to move to Italy, but not sure about the best way to go about it legally... I was thinking about applying for a job, but I don't speak much Italian so I don't know how easy it would be. Instead, I've thought about starting up my own B&B or hostel, and get a visa that way, but again I'm not sure about how to get this done correctly... Have you found a job or any info on getting your visa? Hope to hear back from you!

Dan

Hey Dan,

I haven't had anyone post a response. I'm actually starting to wonder how many people are actually active on this site. It doesn't seem to be the most up to date/commonly used ...I've learned a lot more from sites that discuss living abroad in general. I know that you can get the detailed list from the Italian consulate. Since my trip is delayed a bit later than I'd originally planned, I haven' bothered to contact them yet. I think it's one of those things you also can't really apply for until you have some sort of plan.

I'm currently applying for a few different grants and such and a contact I have through a friend. But mostly just researching options on my own and trusting that if it's meant to be, things will work out once I get there :) And if my visa runs out I'll go to Japan and teach English for a year. Which woulnd't be a bad alternative either.

Good luck!
K

Hello SpeckledPony and a late welcome to Expat.com :)
There is a page on visas in the Guide for life in Italy.
This is the info on visas on the website of Consulate general in Los Angeles.
Hope this helps!
Cheers
Arlette

well am in ghana and want to go to italy but i dont no the process to go in other to get a visa.

Hello kofibee64, I may suggest you to start a new thread on Italy forum for better visibility.;)

Harmonie.