Seeking marriage permission

Hi all!! I am an American woman and waiting to marry my long term Saudi boyfriend 😍😍😍. We have 1 son together, but have been waiting to get approval to be married. I recently visited the country on a visitors visa and so eager to move to the Dharhran camp! I've read the process is long and can be stressful unless you know someone. However, my boyfriend (who is an executive with aramco), said we can pay wasta. Can anyone give me advice or help?!? I'm 30 years old and an engineer.

Asalamalaikum, can I ask, approval to whom you are waiting? anyway if your saudi BF is muslim he should know better. Cause in muslim its very easy and no waste of money. where do you plan to get married? and you have a kid already...........

Walaikeim asalaam! We are both Muslim. He has to have permission from the ministry of interior to marry a non Saudi. Yes we have a son. We did things a little out of order, but trying to make it right now.

thanks for the reply, alhamdullilah your a muslim also, so where do you plan to get married? if here in saudi it will be too easy as i said, but since you are waiting for the permission I guess there will be no hassle at all.......Allah swt will bless your family cause your doing the right way.....in sha Allah.

It can be a very difficult and long process to get permission from the government to have a Saudi marry a non-Saudi.

The following link will let you know about the process, requirements, and documents required.

http://taraummomar.wordpress.com/saudi- … ermission/

Good luck!

Thank you for your responses. I've read this link previously. I just hope the permission comes fast inshallah.

For more details and personal experience , please visit the below websites.

http://undertheabaya.wordpress.com/about/

Sooooo.... no one is going to try to talk her out of marrying a Saudi, as is usually the case here at Expat.com? :)

Trapezius wrote:

Sooooo.... no one is going to try to talk her out of marrying a Saudi, as is usually the case here at Expat.com? :)

They're both Muslim.  They've got a kid.  What would be the point?  Besides, sometimes these things actually work out ;)

I expected some people to try to discourage me from moving. However the facts are there and the disadvantages have been weighed. I'm a middle age educated woman. He's an executive. We are both Muslim with the same beliefs and strict religious upbringing for our children. We've been dating for 3 years and have a newborn son alhamidulillah. I've traveled to ksa and met with his family. 👍 also we have a house in Dharhran camp near the beach. I have friend that moved to the Dhrahran hills and is waitng for me 😄. She suggested I join some expat groups to make friends. I speak Arabic as well. I'm still learning the language but I could survive 😉! It appears everything is in place except this permission. He is leaving in Feb. To return home and I just hope we have it in time inshallah.

Ealali wrote:

I expected some people to try to discourage me from moving. However the facts are there and the disadvantages have been weighed. I'm a middle age educated woman. He's an executive. We are both Muslim with the same beliefs and strict religious upbringing for our children. We've been dating for 3 years and have a newborn son alhamidulillah. I've traveled to ksa and met with his family. �� also we have a house in Dharhran camp near the beach. I have friend that moved to the Dhrahran hills and is waitng for me ��. She suggested I join some expat groups to make friends. I speak Arabic as well. I'm still learning the language but I could survive ��! It appears everything is in place except this permission. He is leaving in Feb. To return home and I just hope we have it in time inshallah.

You just gotta get use to the norms here. Although the norms at times are pretty disturbing.

I do tend to fly out of Saudi once every quarter when norms get to me. Helps me keep up with my sanity.

Thanks 👍 even my boyfriend is depressed about returning. He also recommended us flying for a weekend trip every 2 months. ☺️

Ealali wrote:

I'm a middle age educated woman

29 is NOT middle aged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  45 is! lol  Enjoy your youth!

Hahaha 😂😂😂😂it can feel like middle age!!!

@ Ealali!

This permission can be done anyway and sorted out quicker if you have a reference in Ministry of Interior otherwise you must be lot patient. Wish you good luck.

I travel to Bahrain every weekend to keep being sane....  :D

I know I need a reference. We don't really have one, my bf has been traveling for the last 10 years and lost contact with lots of people. Any ideas on how to find someone?

In detail the requirements for marriage of foreigner to Saudi National. Personal experiences of a few who has actually done the process.

http://taraummomar.wordpress.com/2010/0 … y-z-and-b/http://www.blueabaya.com/2011/03/saudi- … ccess.html

this area very hard on that worled,,,, for every thing Especially Marred,

How about if they are both Filipino and the differences is the religion. The girl is a muslim and the guy is a non-muslim.
What are the process?
Does it takes too long to get married?

Arjieh wrote:

How about if they are both Filipino and the differences is the religion. The girl is a muslim and the guy is a non-muslim.
What are the process?
Does it takes too long to get married?

Where?  If you are talking about SA, we already answered you.  The answer is the same, in that thread or this one or any other one.

Hello everyone > just to inform that some posts have been removed from this topic. Thank you

ur BF is executive in Aramco  :top:  , can you forward my resume to him :P

wish you best of luck with your marriage and coming to dhahran

Hi,
Did you mange to get the permission?