Fitness in Bahrain, anyone?

So, after living in Bahrain for almost 6 months I've started to notice some unwanted extra pounds on my waist...I always used to do Boot Camps and groupworkouts (kickboxing, circuit training, etc) back when I lived in the US and I really miss those workouts and being active on a regular basis.

Does anyone know of a good personal trainer, grouptraining class or gym in town (with qualified trainers and good exercise classes)?

Also, what can I expect to pay for a personal trainer or group exercise class? I found a website online, "Myrna's Boot Camp", does anyone know if that's still up and running (I haven't emailed her yet).

I would appreciate any advice on this - there must be more people than me out there that are looking to get fit(ter), right?=)

/Rachel

Guess what.. seems thats a common problem with most of expats here. I am too in a similar situation and keep on finding details for tennis or other activities available but not started anything yet except trying a hand or two in a pool. The best to me seems like going for a jog in the morning/ evening to Marina corniche area.. lets see when  start .. Guess need some motivation.

irachel wrote:

So, after living in Bahrain for almost 6 months I've started to notice some unwanted extra pounds on my waist...I always used to do Boot Camps and groupworkouts (kickboxing, circuit training, etc) back when I lived in the US and I really miss those workouts and being active on a regular basis.

Does anyone know of a good personal trainer, grouptraining class or gym in town (with qualified trainers and good exercise classes)?

Also, what can I expect to pay for a personal trainer or group exercise class? I found a website online, "Myrna's Boot Camp", does anyone know if that's still up and running (I haven't emailed her yet).

I would appreciate any advice on this - there must be more people than me out there that are looking to get fit(ter), right?=)

/Rachel

there are many places u can practice such activities in BH.
try to register in a gym, got plenty. or u may enrol in a club to play tennis and so on..

Cheers :)

Fitness First is a pretty good gym and if you move to another place, your membership transfers.

I just moved here from Canada...wouldn't mind a group to run with on a regular basis.

any interest?

Running/ jogging outdoors now may not be a good idea as the weather will only get hotter now, with humidity like you have never experienced before in the coming months. You are better off in a gym,  best to wait until November when it starts cooling down.

Hey, Id love to go for a run around marina corniche in the morning or late evenings. Hit me up if u r interested.

Hi

I'd be up for a jog on the Corniche in the early morning or late evening if its not too hot.

Susie

hey susie... let me know when u r free ;)

I am planning to join the health club at crown plaza. they have tennis, gym, swimming pool, table tennis and other things, if you wish we can join as a couple and avail discounts. would work out to 100 BD for you only.

this is a great idea.

Omar

Hi Rachel,

Dessange in Adliya is fantastic .... it has everything... pilates, yoga, aero kickboxing, Zumba , Tae bo ... u can just walk in , ask tem for a schedule and do a trial class....

Cheers!
kt.

Dessange has everything as Ktduggal says! Its prolly the best in toen as well!

Cheers!

Does anyone know of a gym near busaiteen?

btw.. i need some good gym partners. It is pretty boring (weather being a huge deterrant) to work out. Anyone out there?

For anyone who likes running/drinking/meeting new people check out the Bahrain Hash House Harriers website. They have a run every week. The British club also has a gym and heated pool (you don't have to be British to join)
I live on Amwaj and go to Meena 7 gym but looking for anyone locally to play tennis with?

Hello, all.
Does anyone know of a place, where people play basketball?
Thank you!

Dears,

My name is Kal, I am Canadian personal trainer in Bahrain, I have been training for over 10 years for weight loss, fitness and toning. If you are interested please contact me on personal email below for more details. My results are guranteed. I am the partner you are looking for that will push you harder to lose weight and reach your goals.

Kind Regards

Kal

Hi Kal,

You should post your advert in the Manama classifieds. Thank you.

Hi Guys ... I have just arrived to Bahrain last week and I'm looking for a good gym near Adliya or Juffair areas ... Any recommendation would be highly appreciated ...