Spending the holidays in istanbul with your dogs?

hello to everybody,
i found this forum and saw you were talking about having dogs in istanbul: i hope it's the right place to ask what i need to know. i was planning to go to istanbul for the holidays this year and i need to bring with me my two small doggies. i know the city and i know that it's not usual to have dogs so i started some research online to see if i could find any advice...and i read what you were writing here! i should stay in the cihangir area and i'm pretty scared to read that it's very difficult to walk dogs there!! what should i expect? i'm going to stay only for a couple of weeks....
thank you everybody for your help.
laura

Who told you its unusual to have dogs here? Its usual
Bring the dogs along with u

i just read the previous posts about this issue here. someone said it's very difficult to walk the dogs in the taksim area ...

It is prety easy to have dog or walk with dog on street in istanbul just bring these sweet doggies :)  have fun !

haha i have two dogs and i dont like walking them here. my one dog is male dog aggressive and idiot dog owners here loove walking their dogs without a leash. causes a bit of a problem. my other dog is friendly but honestly istanbul is just too crowded for big dogs. oh not to mention a lot of turkish people treat me like im carrying a bomb when im trying to walk them. they all scream and act like idiots and my dog is just walking with me. the lack of education towards animals get on my nerves at this point to say at least