How i can get a resident visa for spain

hi

I'm here leaving in the Philippines. I had a English boyfriend we decide to reside in Spain but our problem is I'm holding a Filipino Passport. We already read some possible solution in the Internet.

I need advice from you guys that is now living in Spain.
I would be glad to read all your advice.

jessa mae

You could start the process in two ways:

First you should post your question in the Spain Forum (English Version) which you can access by clicking on the Spanish flag icon which you will find in the lower portion of the main forum page. You probably will get more relevant answers there than in a general forum.

Second you should do a Google search for "Spanish Consulates in the Philippines" most consular sites give all the information you need regarding visas for their countries.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

@jessa mae - pls note that your post is now on the Spain Forum :)

Hello Everyone.
I am simply looking for a new home in the world.  I live in Cape Town, South Africa at present and have a need to relocate to Europe.  Possibly Spain / Andorra.

I work 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off which means in the 4 weeks off I will 'visit' my home.   Do I need to get a residence permit or would a visa suffice (assuming that I would continually return to my home every second month?

I live down in the Almeria Province but I know of a way you can maybe get a residence visa, please e-mail me direct with more info,
  Rgds
Max

E-mail address is [Moderated: pls send your details in private]

maxculverhouse wrote:

I live down in the Almeria Province but I know of a way you can maybe get a residence visa, please e-mail me direct with more info,
  Rgds
Max

E-mail address is  [Moderated: pls send your details in private]

This sounds really dodgy. I woudl not trust someone who is not willing to post the requirements in public. Which other details does he need?

Beware SCAMMERs!

You have all the information here:

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/ … engen.aspx for a short stay visa, which may be easier to obtain, or

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/ … acion.aspx

Remember that you wont be allowed to work unless you have a long stay visa. The first one is just for tourism.

Good luck!

E

Hi there nuhope,
  I am really hurt with the derogatory insinuation that Eduardo of emarinuk has made about me being a scammer, It is just that I am an ex Rhodesian living in Spain for the last 13yrs, and am a permanent resident and have been helping ex Rhodesians/Zimbabweans and South Africans who are trying to get out of SA.
The info re residency on the websites he has quoted is way out of date. The website info is dated 1/1/2013 and new laws were ratified in parliament in  Oct/2013 under the insistence from Brussels, to fall into line with the permanent residence laws of Portugal, Ireland , Cyprus and I think Malta, where the purchase of a property of 500,000 euros or more /or purchase of govt bonds of 1,000,000 euros or more will give you immediate residency, This is something that Eduardo seems not to be aware of and if he was on Facebook and looked at RIP Fallen South Africans    or   red October   he would see that things are getting really bad in SA  and I and many others are trying to help our fellow countrymen for NOTHING in return .I am not trying to scam anybody( a typical case of engaging mouth before brain )
  Now nuhope there are various legal ways around these ridiculous amounts of money required for residency, look at movetomalagaspain.com  ,Lisa Sadlier who is quite switched on,    choose-almeria.com   , passporttoportugal.com  ,  passport2spain.com  , (which I administer) or you can e-mail me direct.There are certain things that I do not wish to post for the whole world to read, only people who genuinely need to get out of SA or Zim. I am not trying to scam you, as as Eduardo of emarinuk has said , I have been where you are now, he has not. I still have a brother in CT and nephews and a niece at CTU , he has not.
Good Luck

First, the fact that you do not want to disclose some details in public is enough to make me or anyone else suspicious. A way around the system? I am sorry but I just can't buy it.

Second, the inforamtion in those websites is perfectly valid, at least in the case of the person that opened the post, to whom I was replying.

Unfortunatelly I am not aware of the current situation in South Africa but, again, trying to find ways more or less obscure, around the system doesn't seem a good way to go. I am as much agains SCAMS as I am against people trying to break the rules, and in that you have no sympathies from me. If I offended you by calling you SCAMMER, I apologise, but still not happy about your ways, whether you profit or not from it.

@nuhope, I am not sure about your situation. Can not get much info from your post. Can you expand? Good luck in any case.

I had this thought too

You may feel aggrieved, but I think that the way you worded your reply led some of us to think this may be a scam.  Perhaps you need to think about the way you word things another time.

Eduardo,
  Apologies accepted.

Secondly I am afraid that you are wrong.The info on those websites dated 1/1/2013 for permanent residency is no longer correct for people not holding EU passports and that is what nuhope is wanting to know. A new law has subsequently been ratified.

nuhope must be an SA passport holder or he would not be asking the question in the first place and the fact that he says he wants to relocate would mean he wants to take up residence.

Now Eduardo it is now my turn to apologise to you, I said earlier that apart from purchasing property one could buy 1,000,000 euros worth of govt bonds, well I am sorry but I was wrong. It is the purchase of 2,000,000 euros worth or more of Spanish Govt Debt Bonds subject to certain conditions being met, I have just looked it up again.

This new legal requirement has only been out a few months.

Nuhope, if you still need help give me a call as I have all the Info from the Spanish Embassy in Pretoria. You can only do it through their Embassy in your current country of residence.
Good Luck