Advice about choosing a bank.

Dear Alex,

I just arrived to Abu Dhabi from Budapest a few days ago and soon I will live and work in Ruwais. Could you be so kind to give me an advice about choosing a bank, because I do not know which bank has the most ATM's there? I will open a local bank account here in Abu Dhabi city before I will move to Ruwais. Thank you for your help in advance! Regards, Gyula

Hi 0815Jaszbereny,

A new topic has been created from your post on the Abu Dhabi forum for more visibility and interaction.

I suggest you to read the  following article where you might get more information;

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … rates.html

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Hello Jaszbereny,

Though I noticed that David has referred t=you to a site, I wanted to draw from my experience and share with you some advice:
- Avoid local banks. (This includes Emirates NBD.)
- If you have to use a local bank for convenience, don't use them for your salary or credit card. Use them for normal cash and regular (day-to-day) uses. If you use them for salary payment, they will be notified when your contract ends and they will freeze your accounts. It will take you a month or so after they have repossessed your cards for them to release your accounts.
- Use international banks for your pay deposit and credit cards. That way, you can continue seamlessly when you leave Abu Dhabi. (Note: When you use international banks, enquire to ensure that you can use your accounts and cards when you leave the UAE. Note: HSBC will not let you continue to use your accounts when you move back say to Europe. I was in the USA and I was told that I cannot use my HSBC (UAE) accounts in the USA. I had to create new accounts. What a stupid process.)

I hope that helps.

Good luck and enjoy your time in the UAE.

Service, facilities and offers are the main things that you need to consider while choosing a bank. It should be one stop for all your financial needs like - saving accounts, current accounts, insurance, investment, all types of loans (personal, business, home, educations, construction loan etc.) with simple, quick, secure, hassle-free services. In the UAE, ADCB provides all these services including money transfer. You can visit bank's website for more details.

Has anyone got a bank account with HSBC?
how are they
Thanks