Importing a pet seems to have gotten more complicated

Just brought my cat over to Kuwait, and what a nightmare it was.

With all the paperwork already discussed in existing threads you are not allowed to just walk in through the customs. They will take the animal and you will have to pick it up at the cargo terminal (5 minutes drive from the passenger terminal). Over there you will be challenged with the bureaucratic hell of forms and paperwork of ridiculous magnitude. I am talking about visiting 5 different counters in 3 buildings, spending around 15 KDs and ending with a stash of 25 stamped and clamped documents of unknown purpose.

At least I had a good laugh when the guy at the exit gate refused to check the content of the bag (the cat) himself, and later on admitted that people claimed to import a cat while smuggling lions. :( We all know the story in Bayan...

I suspect incidents like these have helped to make the import procedure more complicated.

The plane landed at 00:45, we got home at 4:30, so keep this in mind.

:S

well at least you have your cat here now, and you can laugh about it!

yes, i seriously think that EXPATS will be trying to smuggle lions in as cats to Kuwait.

makes sense right?

We actually had a good laugh about it all, the cat was not so amused though. :) Spent the next two days under a sofa. Can't blame her, sometimes I feel like that too.

At some point I even had to present them my car ownership card (!?)

Bizarre.

They obviously wanted to make sure that your cat would be driven in style! :D;)

Brought my cat here about 3 years ago. They barely glanced at the papers, and we were out in 5 minutes. As with any thing they keep changing the rules...

Yes, and sometimes it feels they do if for the worse just to make my life more difficult. :)