Visa status

hey guys

This is syed mohd saad from India.i was to join my company in mid november but i havn't got my visa yet.The company representatives are saying that it would take another 1 month before i can get my visa due to some issue in the bahrain visa department.

firstly i would like to know

how can i check my visa status and what all information is required?? can i check my visa staus through passport no. only??

secondly

has any one got his visa in the recent past?? if yes how many days back??

thanks in advance

I believe you will have to wait for your company on this. I don't think you can check for the status of your application unless you know the application ID. In which case, you can visit the following website:

http://portal.lmra.bh/english/express_services

The amount of time it takes to get a response for your application may vary significantly depending on your individual circumstances, the position you've applied for, your nationality, LMRA's workload and many more factors.

I would recommend keeping in touch with your HR department and be patient. Hope it all goes well.

thanx brightonguy

i tried checking with my passport no. but it says 'record does not exist'

the person who takes care of the visa and all is on leave so will get in touch with her once she is back

The passport number is only for finding out about approved applications as far as I know. Your best bet will always be the HR person of your company.

Good luck!

brightonguy wrote:

The passport number is only for finding out about approved applications as far as I know. Your best bet will always be the HR person of your company.

Good luck!

I agree

Ask your HR to give you the relevant information so that you can trace your visa application. If they don't do this then I would question their suitability as an employer. You can also contact the ministry of labour for more information

thanx jo,

another thing that i would like to ask you guys is whether i should ask for the compensation for a month coz my notice period would end in a weeks time and according to my to be HR the visa would take another 20 days...so i'll be losing my one months salary...so would it be advisable to ask for the compensation.

thanx in advance

I wouldn't ask for a compensation. They are only eligible to pay you from the start of your employment.