Teaching English from home

Hi,

I'm not sure if this question has been asked previously.
I want to set up a small school from home teaching English. I'm wondering if there's any legal issues that might occur if I do this.

I've done this whilst living in Vietnam, very successfully, without any problems.

I would like to advertise, by way of signage. What are your thoughts on this?

Regards

Carol

Beware of meeting VN's in coffee shops, I was recently fined 10 mil VND, and nearly deported, after being ACCUSED of " illegal labour ", my wife rushed in and paid the fine, then pulled in a few favours to keep me from getting deported, all over meeting a few VN's in coffee shops, ( after being invited, personally I detest them, now I have an excuse to refuse an invitation ).
  I never even had the chance to deny this accusation, of teaching VN's English, ( in a coffee shop of all places??? ), I told my wife , they can hook me up to a lie detector, and ask me if I've ever received one lousy dong from a VN, and I will pass the test with flying colours.
Just a reminder of who/what really runs this country, and it is alive and thriving up here, and I've realised that lawyers in VN are only for business?
And a Work Permit limits you to the Employer you are signed up with , ONLY.
Also it is illegal for a VN to teach from home, they tried enforcing it up here last year?, ( teachers were threatened with 6 months expulsion from teaching in a VN school ), they all stopped teaching from home, but it didn't have the desired effect the Govt wanted, ( Teachers working more hours at school ), so a few months later , it was business as usual at the Teachers homes. Just as well, because the students don't learn much while at school.

carolmorrell wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure if this question has been asked previously.
I want to set up a small school from home teaching English. I'm wondering if there's any legal issues that might occur if I do this.

I've done this whilst living in Vietnam, very successfully, without any problems.

I would like to advertise, by way of signage. What are your thoughts on this?

Regards

You were very lucky then.  Don't try it in a small town.

Carol