Reliable Leasing Agency

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a reliable Real Estate agent in Ho Chi Minh City that will actually help find an apartment to rent?

Have been trying to get information from 3 that have listings on Craig's List and their websites and it is kind of like pulling teeth.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Hey, I can help you with a specific type of serviced apartment, let me know your budget and if you need my service (no charges required)

Hi trnlanvy,
Sorry I actually should have stated that it is HCMC that i need it and am happy to not have it serviced.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I work at HCMC. Let me know if you have further enquiries.

Thanks Greenwall,

Actually I have been dealing with someone from that one and so have been the best with responses but unfortunately dont seem to have much in the area I want.

Thanks,

Hello Ozbear,

Have you tried to go throuth the Flats for rent in Ho Chi Minh City section and or to create your ad? It might be helpful :)

I also recommend you to have a look to the Real estate in Ho Chi Minh City directory.

Thank you :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

[Moderated : pls send details in private]

Tell me about it mate, i have been living in HCM for about 6 months now trying to look for a decent place with reasonable pricing but i have found Most of the agents here to be a prick. Advertised as a fully furnished unit at a certain price but when we get there it is usually another unit other than the one they advertised then try to hard sell us on other units that weren't in the picture in the first place and usually worst than the one advertised or sky rocket prices. I have even tried using numerous different websites including the "locals" (using google translate and my other half's help) uses and its filled with agents with these scams.

To top it up i haven't bought a scooter yet so i have been travelling with taxis and to date i have spent at least millions of dongs by scouting out these units and thank god finally found one Today that suits our budget with decent furnitures, ironically found from those "local" website and a good samaritan local agent. If you need the num of the agent that i have just used or the websites do pm me as i am not sure if i am allowed to post website links here. Frustrations of finding a decent roof made me a experienced real estate scouter lol

Nick Lim wrote:

Tell me about it mate, i have been living in HCM for about 6 months now trying to look for a decent place with reasonable pricing but i have found Most of the agents here to be a prick. Advertised as a fully furnished unit at a certain price but when we get there it is usually another unit other than the one they advertised then try to hard sell us on other units that weren't in the picture in the first place and usually worst than the one advertised or sky rocket prices. I have even tried using numerous different websites including the "locals" (using google translate and my other half's help) uses and its filled with agents with these scams.

To top it up i haven't bought a scooter yet so i have been travelling with taxis and to date i have spent at least millions of dongs by scouting out these units and thank god finally found one Today that suits our budget with decent furnitures, ironically found from those "local" website and a good samaritan local agent. If you need the num of the agent that i have just used or the websites do pm me as i am not sure if i am allowed to post website links here. Frustrations of finding a decent roof made me a experienced real estate scouter lol

hi Nick

as soon as I find out how to work the PM system I'll send you a PM
Sounds like I am having the same problems that you just had and I be really glad to hear about how you resolved things along with any useful hints and tips :)

ArthurMorgan wrote:
Nick Lim wrote:

hi Nick

Sounds like I am having the same problems that you just had and I be really glad to hear about how you resolved things along with any useful hints and tips :)

still struggling to find how to use private messaging

any ideas ?

Hi Nick,

I am tirelessly looking for a furnished apartment in HCM and haven't found any within my budget ($350, 1 bedroom) with a washing machine that doesn't share with others. Please let me know the agent that you worked with or any other information.  What did he/she find for you? Also where should I live since I want to live in a safe neighborhoods that I can walk to for groceries.  I greatly appreciate your time.

Thank you!

ArthurMorgan wrote:
ArthurMorgan wrote:
Nick Lim wrote:

hi Nick

still struggling to find how to use private messaging

any ideas ?

OK got and I have PMd you Nick

Hi Nick, I understand what troubles you got, also I'm working as a real estate agent and feel annoyed with fake pictures and low price that people use to attract clients... But you know, not all is good or bad, there are still exceptions!

hi
as you work in the business can you provide recommendations ?

or PM witht your contact details and I'll get in toch with you directly if you think you can help

thanks

Do to the supply and demand of available apartments in HCM, is it possible to negotiate a better deal (lower the monthly rent) with the management team?

born2share wrote:

Hi Nick, I understand what troubles you got, also I'm working as a real estate agent and feel annoyed with fake pictures and low price that people use to attract clients... But you know, not all is good or bad, there are still exceptions!

Hi Ozbear,
it's exactly as 'born2share' says - worse if you're a non-Vietnamese expat with no-one to help you out.

It's not the sort of place you're looking for but just as an example of what you can get with time, patience and someone Vietnamese to do all the negotiation tactics for you.

My wife, 100% Vietnamese and well versed in dealing with the Vietnamese business system took almost two months to finally find our apartment.
It was privately owned as an investment property by a Ha Noi based Vietnamese woman.
Several apartments where available in the four large apartment blocks on the one plot of land, this is out in Phu My Hung, District 7.
Modern fittings through out, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining area and large lounge room, kitchen, three split level air conditioners, finished with new tables, chairs, four seater lounge, cable TV (extra cost) land line phone, polished white stone of some sort and wood flooring in the bedrooms. Two double dead locks on the entry door. Less than one year old and absolutely spotless.
Full security, high cement / steel fencing all the way around, only one way in / out through manned security gates 24/7, electronic pass keys for each of the residence living there, huge underground parking area, security guards walking the grounds and car/motorbike parking areas 24/7, monitored security cameras covering everywhere outside and a camera facing every lift on every floor of each apartment block, electronic video link from each apartment to the front security gate room. The security guards call up to check the ID of any non-resident before letting them past the front gates. large, clean swimming pool, massage and hairdressing business on site and a mini supermarket directly across the road.
The initial starting price for the apartment she liked the most was $650 per month. After a lot of haggling over the fee she finally got the monthly figure down to $500 per month for a 12 month lease, 6 months and a 2 month 'bond' paid in cash in advance.
During the negotiations my wife told the owner that the apartment was mainly for herself and her husband (me) when he arrived in a weeks time, with the second bedroom for her younger sister.
The owner's attitude changed completely, not only was she happy with the $500 per month fee, she also brought for the apartment, a brand new queen sided double bed (main bed room) another large double bed (second bedroom) a new, large double door Panasonic 500L refrigerator and a new 7.5kg top loading automatic washing machine. :-)

It does take some time and searching around but you can get lucky sometimes.

Good luck with your searching.

flip465.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Closed