American Flag Football. Anyone refer this one

Hi you guys!
I'm looking for player to play Flag football. We have a field, equipment. We usually play flag football on Monday, Wed and Friday from 4 pm to 6pm. Anyone of you would like to play with us please contact me. Here is my email [email protected]. The field is located on District 7 HCMC

UP UP UP UP UP

Do you have uniforms as well?  Is the number 3B available, yes 3B?  Will players be allow to take up names like Cockeyed or Butterfingers?

Hi methosi,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Posting in the section activities in Ho Chi Minh City might be very helfpul.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

I do not get what u really mean. U mean the name on the jersey or something else

Hasnaa wrote:

Hi methosi,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Posting in the section activities in Ho Chi Minh City might be very helfpul.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

I will post my post in there. Thank for notation

Wild_1 wrote:

Do you have uniforms as well?  Is the number 3B available, yes 3B?  Will players be allow to take up names like Cockeyed or Butterfingers?

Funny post!  I would guess 3B was a uniform "made-in-China" and missed the QA/QC department? 

As for Butterfingers, yah, I think you'd have to convert the terms-of-endearment to local language and something they can reference.  Like for you, we'd have to give you the moniker "xe lửa ngược
đường" (wrong way train)...hmm...gets lost in translation though. 

@methosi, I'd be interested if this group ever comes to Vũng Tàu.  Or whenever I move to HCMC.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
Wild_1 wrote:

Funny post!  I would guess 3B was a uniform "made-in-China" and missed the QA/QC department? 

As for Butterfingers, yah, I think you'd have to convert the terms-of-endearment to local language and something they can reference.  Like for you, we'd have to give you the moniker "xe lửa ngược
đường" (wrong way train)...hmm...gets lost in translation though. 

I'd be interested if this group ever comes to Vũng Tàu.  Or whenever I move to HCMC.

Honestly, i cannot get it. QA/QC department, what is it?. I'm not good at using abr or slang. You can move to HCMC to play it. Follow your heart ^^

methosi wrote:

I do not get what u really mean. U mean the name on the jersey or something else

I think Wild_1 is talking about internal jokes that's hard to understand if you don't have experience in the American sports culture.

3B is probably a mistake made by uniform manufacturers overseas.  It is suppose to be the number 38 but since the "B" looks like an "8", overseas i.e. Chinese, manufacturers probably overlooked it since they don't understand American football jerseys are numbered from 1 to 99 and do not have letters in them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_nu … _football)

You can't have a 3B because the announcer will always read it as "38" when reporting on the individual's actions.

As for the nicknames...
Cockeyed is what you call a player who can't catch a ball since his eyes must be crooked or cocked and can't see the ball when thrown to catch it.

Butterfingers would be what you call someone who keeps dropping the ball/fumbles because their fingers have butter on them.  Butter is the spread that you put on toast or corn to add taste and it's a very slippery substance.

Guys often call each other by nicknames to show our affection towards each other.

methosi wrote:

Honestly, i cannot get it. QA/QC department, what is it?. I'm not good at using abr or slang. You can move to HCMC to play it. Follow your heart ^^

QA/QC = quality assurance/quality control.

They're in charge of the manufacturing process to ensure stuff is produce EXACTLY to the customer's specifications.

Here's the example:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31amACW4dzL.jpg
American client orders 1000 jerseys with the number 38 printed on it.

Chinese (I just pick on the Chinese because they manufacture the majority of US products) manufacturing company inexperienced at reading latin script and doesn't understand American sports culture reads 38 as 3B (The letter B as in Boy, Ball, Boobs - just checking to see if you're reading this) and prints 1000 jerseys with the "number" 3B.  Ships it to American client in USA.

Mistake big time.

The QA/QC department did not do it's job by making sure the 1000 jerseys printed with the number 38 was in fact 38.  They failed and let the number 3B pass through the manufacturing process. 

Many mistakes like this is the reason why Americans make fun of Made-In-China products.

Well, to move to HCMC, I'd need to find a good paying job enough to counter the high cost of living.  You help me in this arena and I'll play flag football with you.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
methosi wrote:

I think Wild_1 is talking about internal jokes that's hard to understand if you don't have experience in the American sports culture.

3B is probably a mistake made by uniform manufacturers overseas.  It is suppose to be the number 38 but since the "B" looks like an "8", overseas i.e. Chinese, manufacturers probably overlooked it since they don't understand American football jerseys are numbered from 1 to 99 and do not have letters in them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_nu … _football)

You can't have a 3B because the announcer will always read it as "38" when reporting on the individual's actions.

As for the nicknames...
Cockeyed is what you call a player who can't catch a ball since his eyes must be crooked or cocked and can't see the ball when thrown to catch it.

Butterfingers would be what you also call someone who keeps dropping the ball/fumbles because their fingers have butter on them.  Butter is the spread that you put on toast or corn to add taste and it's a very slippery substance.

Guys often call each other by nicknames to show our affection towards each other.

OK, i get what he and you mean now. By the way, can u introduce my post or my club to your friends who are interested in this sport

Methosi,

You don't have to worry about it.  All you need to do is see if you can help me get a jersey with number 3B and the name WRONG WAY TRAIN, or number 7 with the name COCKEYED, or 88 and BUTTERFINGERS.  I will do the rest.

THD,

That would be some football team, wouldn't it?  An All-World team, of misfits...  :proud

Wild_1
What rest are u going to do?

methosi wrote:

Wild_1

He'll be the team mascot & water boy....

Budman1 wrote:
methosi wrote:

Wild_1

He'll be the team mascot & water boy....

That's gonna be great for our club. We are missing that position, he can dominate for that position.

Wild_1 wrote:

Methosi,

You don't have to worry about it.  All you need to do is see if you can help me get a jersey with number 3B and the name WRONG WAY TRAIN, or number 7 with the name COCKEYED, or 88 and BUTTERFINGERS.  I will do the rest.

THD,

That would be some football team, wouldn't it?  An All-World team, of misfits...  :proud

Haha, a little down memory lane I see.  Frosh, JV, Varsity numbers in HS?  I couldn't see you playing college ball (hard to qualify).  I made JV once after years of PW.  Nobody gave me cool nicknames like yours though. 

For you Howie:
http://www.americansoda.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Butterfinger-karate.jpg

I already find those 2 words, Cockeyed and butterfinger. And already see this pic

Now, do you see, Methosi?

Alright, since Anniest already gave it away, I will be #3B, the Wrong Way Train RB.  THD will be #7 or #g, the Cockeyed QB.  I will talk Ms. Anatta into being #88, the Butterfingers WR.

Budman already volunteered his services and refreshments.  I hope you like Budweisers?

Don't we have a league team, or what?

How did I managed to leave out Ms. Anniest, our beloved cheerleader?  Sorry.  :thanks:

Sorry THD, Why i cannot see my post on Activities link that EB already provide upper

Forget about the link, man!  Focus, focus, gentlemen!!!  :dumbom:

Let's get this show on the road.

I hope you have the brown kind of footballs and not them white rugby things?  No can't do, with those rocks!

Wild_1 wrote:

Now, do you see, Methosi?

Alright, since Anniest already gave it away, I will be #3B, the Wrong Way Train RB.  THD will be #7 or #g, the Cockeyed QB.  I will talk Ms. Anatta into being #88, the Butterfingers WR.

Budman already volunteered his services and refreshments.  I hope you like Budweisers?

Don't we have a league team, or what?

How did I managed to leave out Ms. Anniest, our beloved cheerleader?  Sorry.  :thanks:

Oh my gosh you gave me a PERFECT opening!

the football i said is gridiron, it's not a rugby ball. Our club is new so the league is not avaiable yet. If you truly really want to play, please confirm to me

I won't be back to Vietnam until after Christmas.  Yes, I will be coming back with a football for THD.  I will definitely give you and your league a look.  However, I am more of a basketball guy than football.  I do know a lot about football, though.  Plus, I like Budweiser.  :proud

Wild_1 wrote:

I won't be back to Vietnam until after Christmas.  Yes, I will be coming back with a football for THD.  I will definitely give you and your league a look.  However, I am more of a basketball guy than football.  I do know a lot about football, though.  Plus, I like Budweiser.  :proud

Can you make me a favor Wild_1? The request is just like THD, our club cannot find a ball in VN. Our balls are getting old, we need to buy new one. If you can buy for us, please let me know. Thank first

Sure.  Which size do you want?  Rubber or composite leather?

Wild_1 wrote:

Sure.  Which size do you want?  Rubber or composite leather?

Where will u going to buy? If you can buy for me. http://www.rawlingsgear.com/football/fo … ompb.html. I refer this one and this one
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ … 9.4414386,
we cannot pay higher cost football. Can you buy two balls?

Methosi wrote:

Where will u going to buy?

At my convenience!!!

Rawling balls are few and far in between.  Wilson...  Probably!  2 ball...  Highly unlikely!

Dick's is the newest major sporting-goods chain in southern California.  Guys like me normally don't need to go all that way to get at what we need. 

Just make sure about the size that you want.  The junior-sized ball, that I bought for TRD, still looks big for Vietnamese hands.  And in football, if the ball is too big for the QB, there will be no passing game.  And that 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust, grind-it-out, kind of football game is boring to play and watch.

Wild_1 wrote:
Methosi wrote:

Where will u going to buy?

At my convenience!!!

Rawling balls are few and far in between.  Wilson...  Probably!  2 ball...  Highly unlikely!

Dick's is the newest major sporting-goods chain in southern California.  Guys like me normally don't need to go all that way to get at what we need. 

Just make sure about the size that you want.  The junior-sized ball, that I bought for TRD, still looks big for Vietnamese hands.  And in football, if the ball is too big for the QB, there will be no passing game.  And that 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust, grind-it-out, kind of football game is boring to play and watch.

I know what is the official size and junior size. We already play official size ball. We cannot just tell you the size because our budget is limited. If you can find the ball that is good quality and the same price at the ball i already posted. Give me the link, thank  you

Methosi,

Let's do it this way:

-You go online and find what you want.

-Then, drop me a line, I will give you an address in California.

-You order your football, and have it sent there, BEFORE THIS CHRISTMAS.

-I will meet you in Phu My Hung and give you your ball, shortly after I have arrived in Saigon.  Currently, I am scheduled to fly out right after Christmas.

Just one ball, OK.

Wild_1 wrote:

Methosi,

Let's do it this way:

-You go online and find what you want.

-Then, drop me a line, I will give you an address in California.

-You order your football, and have it sent there, BEFORE THIS CHRISTMAS.

-I will meet you in Phu My Hung and give you your ball, shortly after I have arrived in Saigon.  Currently, I am scheduled to fly out right after Christmas.

Just one ball, OK.

Can i find a ball for you and you help me to order. I will pay you back when you are in Vietnam

Man,

I don't even put my credit card out online for my own junks.  And now, with less than a month left, I will have to call my bank and arrange a pre-payment, just for your football?  Nooooo, thank you!

What I had offered you is the best that I can do.