I am looking for new trends.

Hi, my name is Jeanette.  I am an American but have been living abroad for the past few years.  I feel like I have missed a lot. I am hoping to get some help on the most recent trends. Can anybody recommend some interesting new/different places to eat or do something unique.  Or any new products that you've seen around that might be great/different gifts to people overseas? I really appreciate it.

the traffic in this forum is not very high, so one post is certainly enough! I'm pretty sure most people aren't reading this on a city-specific basis.

Hmm,  I always look by city. Well, I am looking more specifically in Chicago,  San Francisco,  and New York because that is where I will be.  But I will keep that in mind for future posts.

I can't answer anything about trends.  Everything here is about 20 years behind the real world.

I've heard importing iPhones to Russia could make you a lot of money.... :)

Actually I will be going to Singapore next, so I am thinking more about what I could bring there.

The latest trend in SF is no more football gonna be played in Candlestick Park.  Momentos gonna be pricy
The latest trend in LA is the Lakers are losing and Koby gonna miss at least six weeks with another injury.  Time to sell your Koby collectibles.
The latest trend in Chicago is that it is very windy and cold.  Everyone is saving their empty bottles, rumor has it its gonna rain whiskey.

Hi vllove00,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Since it is the first time you are posting on the forum, it would be nice if you could tell us more about yourself just as an introduction please.

Thank you,

Hasnaa