Flying Hanoi->Bangkok->Siagon. Cash? Visas?

Hello,

I've got plans to fly from Hanoi to Bangkok, stay in Thailand for a while, with a return flight to Saigon.  I have a U.S. passport and can stay in Thailand up to 30 days without a Visa.

Will I need to bring cash to the airport in Bangkok?  I read a post from someone else saying something about not being allowed into the country without a minimum amount of cash. 

Will they want to see some sort of Visa information for my return flight to Saigon when I begin my journey out of Hanoi or when I arrive in Bangkok?

Right now the only thing I'm sure of is I will need a Visa or pre-approved Visa upon my return to Saigon along with the stamping fee for VN immigration officials in SGN airport.  I was planning on taking care of this part during my time in Bangkok.

Any info on the requirements for the first leg going into Bangkok would be appreciated.

I didn't have any problem at BKK airport even it was my first time there. I also heard about the minimum amount of cash to bring along (around $300), but the customs didn't ask for anything except for my passport, ticket and the form that you might need to fill up during the flight. I think they only give you that money hiccup thing if they feel unsure about your travel plans. So, make sure all is presented clearly.
The only stress that you might need to endure at BKK airport is the long queue at the immigration (and later on the horrible traffic jam lol). So, as soon as you get off the airplane, you should be hurry :)

Have fun !

That's a common rule the visitors should keep a certain amount of money while their stay in such country. It's not necessary to show the currency but you should carry a bank statement or even you can show online if you have internet banking and a connection!
Depends the officials may be it skipped by chance.
When I visit it was 10000 Thai Baht.
If you are entering through the 'fast track' counter, nobody ask :D
I felt more spacy roads in BKK with less motorbikes and wide roads :D

No need for cash .
They wont even bother asking u anything as long as you have a western passport.
Maybe they will ask if u have cambodian,laos or vietnamese,phillipine passport..

And should they ask just say u use visacard.

I will be in bangkok , 2 weeks from now.
and i dont plan to bring anycash at all.
I hope immigration send me home :)

'I hope immigration send me home' You better hope not as it will cost a lot more than an ordinary plane ticket:(