TV

I've never been an avid watcher of television. I consider it a life drainer, diverting you from other more interesting or productive pursuits. However. Now living a long way from "home" I've appreciated being able to watch the news a couple of times a week just to keep up with what's happening back in the old country. Because of my attitude to viewing, getting a package from GO or Melita would be a horrendous waste of money. So I use the "Filmon" service that was recommended by someone on here a while back. It's not always a great connection, but it does the job.

But.............

Having been here for a year and it beginning to look increasingly likely that I'll stay, "home" is now a different place. And I'm finding that the news I want is no longer from the UK, but local. Does anyone know of an English language news channel for Malta? I'd want to access it online for the same reasons mentioned above.

No, but I understand that there is 15 mins of News per evening on a Malta mainstream channel. Try reading the newspapers online instead as we do. My opinion:

The Independent - more business and financial
Malta Today, reasonable all round but poorly written in English.
Gozo News for some of us on this wonderful island.
Times of Malta, most popular but charges

Here's a list of them:

di-ve [In English]
Gozo News (Gozo) [In English]
IL GENSillum (Gozo)
Illum
iNewsMalta.com
In-Nazzjon
it-Torca
Kullhadd
l-orizzont
The Malta Financial and Business Times [In English]
The Malta Independent [In English]
MaltaRightNow
Maltasport [In English]
Malta Star [In English]
Malta Today [In English]
Maltamedia [In English]
Sportinmalta.com [In English & Maltese]
Sunday Circle [In English]
timesofmalta.com [In English]
The Times & Sunday Times [In English]

I enjoy reading the letters and comments and editorials as they give a great insight into the (general) Maltese psyche and approach to issues.

Regarding FilmOn, pay for an account to access HD, don't use an app; use a web browser and record programmes then play them back.
No probs :)

Thanks Mick.

The very first line at the top of the first page I looked at (inewsmalta) sums up the usefulness of most Maltese websites I've ventured onto.

Today's temperatures - Max 29c / Min 22c / UV7  :D

So moving on. Managed to get any fishing in yet ?

TheDarkman wrote:

Thanks Mick.

The very first line at the top of the first page I looked at (inewsmalta) sums up the usefulness of most Maltese websites I've ventured onto.

Today's temperatures - Max 29c / Min 22c / UV7  :D

So moving on. Managed to get any fishing in yet ?

SO? What's the issue?
You been here long enough to know that's NFM :)
Weather forecasting here is highly inaccurate and all forecasts will be inaccurate and different; if and when they are updated that is. I only trust the Mark 1 Eyeball.
Anyways, if one doesn't like the weather around this time of year, just wait five minutes.

Fishing no but I've been feeding a lot of them :)

I commented on the inaccuracy of the weather forecasts on Malta to a Maltese gentleman who very indignantly replied that we are so small  that weather predicted for the island can blow right past it in a matter of half an hour... :)

rooikat wrote:

I commented on the inaccuracy of the weather forecasts on Malta to a Maltese gentleman who very indignantly replied that we are so small  that weather predicted for the island can blow right past it in a matter of half an hour... :)

Totally agree and what I often say. Just look at any satellite images of the islands. Gozo's even smaller :)

http://www.tageo.com/get_map.php?lat=36.333&long=15.000&name=Malta%20channel&tag=1