Army Department Police - Rasah Camp, Seremban 1960's

Can anyone help me with advise on how I can track down two members of the ADP who worked at Rasah Camp during the 1960's.

They were both members of the HQ 17 Division football team and I would like to contact them if they as still in the area.

Is there a local newspaper that might be able to help?

I would be very grateful for any help.

Hi robin wright,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to post an advert in the section missing people in Seremban which might surely help. You can also provide the name of the people you are looking for.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Another way would be to write a short letter or an informative letter with perhaps a photograph or two about your experiences and send it to the editors of the English language papers:

The Star
The New Straits Times
New Sunday Times

Thank you for your reply and your help.    Where is this section "missing people in Seremban"?

Thank you Gravitas I appreciate your help.   DO you have an address or email address for the newspapers and I will write to them all.

You can find a range of contacts from websites. It might be worth reading the papers online to get a feel for what is their angle.

They may even have the possibility to submit letters or short articles via the websites. Otherwise, there are regular nostalgia articles so I am pretty sure there will be a sub-editor out there looking for a human interest story.

Good luck.

Thank you again Gravitas for your generous assistance on this matter. 

I have looked at all the newspapers and they seem to be national publications.   Are there any newspapers local to the Seremban area?   Which newspaper would be read by Malaysians living in that area?

I hope I am not asking too much of you but I am really anxious to ensure that I am looking in the right area.

Kindest regards

There are no local newspapers in the same way as in the UK. Firstly, they are divided in a different way: by language. But there are slightly different regional printed versions e.g. north, central and south. This is not evident from looking at their online versions.

People move around a lot in Malaysia, as witnessed by several "balik kampong" when there are festivals. So there is the possibility the two people you are looking for are no longer in Seremban anyway, but of course friends and relatives may still be.

This email address may be useful - its for one of the weekend supplements inside the Star called Metro. It deals with more local news and events and the one I read in KL is for the Central region:

[email protected]
Executive Editor: Brian Martin
Editor: Vicky Ooi

I am sure if you write a short general description of your time in Seremban and the memories, including the people from the football team (A photograph?) they may help - or at least give you some advice on what else you could do.

Good luck with your search.

Gravitas thank you again for your kind assistance in this matter.  I shall try as you have recommended and hope that I can reach someone who may know them.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Did you see these:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2 … bilan.htmlhttp://mindnoevil.blogspot.com/2011/07/ … glect.html

This blog might help in your search:

http://twoflight.blogspot.com/2011/10/w … rasah.html

Thank you Gravitas.    As usual your information is most helpful.
I have made an enquiry with Trip Advisor and have been in touch with twoflight.blogspot regularly over the last couple of years.

The mindnoevil.blogspot site was very interesting as was the article on Rasah camp.

I shall be putting a letter together and writing to the New Straits Times, Sunday Straits Times and the Sun soon.

Again, I am indebted to you for your most helpful assistance.

Robin

Wow such historic moment. Rasah has the biggest Chinese New Village in Malaysia. In fact it is still called the New Village.

As to finding your friends, I would suggest calling the Police Headquarters in Seremban. I am sure they keep track of the people who used to serve them.