Insurance cover?

hello everyone,

I'm from Australia looking to move to Cambodia and was wondering if any aussies were on here and could tell me what sort of insurance you are using if its from Australia or if any other expats could assist in local insurance or world wide? not sure if I should just get travel insurance instead. Help would be much appreciated.

thank you

You will need a medical insurance policy.
Travel insurance will only cover you for a short period time whilst you are travelling and is designed for tourists.

Do an online search for 'health insurance cover asia' and you will have plenty to choose from. 

The cost of the premiums is related to your age so younger is cheaper.

Check out the following Insurance companies and request quotes from several before committing to one.

Even though the standard of health care and facilities is slowly improving in Cambodia, you should ensure that you are covered for medevac (usually to Bangkok) in the event of serious injury/health problems.

Infinity
Forte
Allianz
Poe-ma
A+ International
MSH China
Tenzing Pacific Services

[moderated: no free ads please]

Thank you very much for the help. I'm not really sure how long I will be in Cambodia for. I thought it might be better to get out top cover travel insurance cause it will cover my belongings as well. what are your thoughts?
Thank you

Travel insurance would be a good idea until you decide what your plan is. Shop around and make sure you read the fine print in the policies, a lot of travel insurance policies can be deceiving, World Nomads are pretty good and not too expensive.