Where to live in Surabaya

Hello,

My husband and I are coming to Surabaya this january.  We are french but we both speak good english and spanish (we lived in the US, in Mexico and in Buenos Aires before). He works as an engineer and I'm a video journalist.  We were wondering in which part of town ( or outside town) we should look for a place to live.  Any good advice?
We'll be in Surabaya next week.  If anyone is up for a drink, it will be with great pleasure !

Cheers,

Mod

I have no clue as to that area so I can't help at all with your request but I can offer some advice.
Make sure you bring a camera. There are a thousand untold stories just waiting for you.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=121573

Hi Mod, I'm here only temporary for few weeks - come and go. Most of expats are staying in west Surabaya area. There are many residential and apartments there. Wisely, you need to know where you and husband gonna be travel mostly, traffic mostly at main streets - but less than Jakarta for sure.
let me know whenever you are here next week, drinks should be good start!

Good place to live for expats maybe at Graha Resident or maybe at Water Place, the location of those places are very good, near from the mall, restaurant, etc, everything to live can be found there and you will have many expat friends too. I often went there, so i knew those places very well.

Hello,
Welcome to Surabaya. My husband and I are french too ! Good to know that other french people are coming in Surabaya. We are not a lot, and just few in Expatblog.
You must be in Surabaya right now. Feel free to send me an email and we can meet.
Here, almost all the expat lives in West Surabaya.
Depends of your budget you have appartment at Waterplace.
Nice and big house at graha famlily, Dian istana, Citraland.
Behind Waterplace, there is nice house too. It is Pakuwon.

If you have a smaller budget and you want a house, there is Wisata bukit mas (where we live)and another place next to wisata. I forgot the name.
All this places are very close to each other.
Hope to see you soon,

Marine.