Looking for a small job for December (I'm 17)

Hello,
My name is Hugo and I'm French, I'm 17 years old and I am looking for a small job for December (only for 2 or 3 weeks) I would like to get some pocket money but the thing is, I heard that foreigners can't work in Thailand unless they are older than, or 18, and need to be graduated, I hope it is not true because I don't have school for 3 weeks in December and I am going to get bored if I don't do anything, so I want a small job because I also need pocket money, I can teach French, English or, do something totally different, I'm open for any opportunity that shows up (after consideration of course :)...)
Any suggestion, advise, or anything ?

You cannot work in Thailand without a visa or work permit. Get caught and you will get thrown out.

stumpy wrote:

You cannot work in Thailand without a visa or work permit. Get caught and you will get thrown out.

I think need correct it :
You need a visa AND a work permit.

colloc2014

That is what I said. The operative words being CANNOT and WITHOUT
So need to correct what I stated in my previous post

stumpy wrote:

colloc2014

That is what I said. The operative words being CANNOT and WITHOUT
So need to correct what I stated in my previous post

Hi,

Word in your previous answer make wrong meaning.
Problem i correctwasn t about cannot or without.

You cannot work in Thailand without a visa or work permit.

can means if you have one of them, you can work.
Can t work without visa OR without work permit, means different that can t work without visa AND without work permit.
One case :
OR --> Can work if you don t have only one of them
AND --> Can t work if you don t have the 2 at same time.
Hope you can learn about boolean algebra to understand that.

Correct was to use word AND. Word OR make wrong in logical interpretation of thai law.
Operative words and have each different meaning.

CANNOT isn t operative word, it s modal verb associate to operative word not.

So to be clear :
CAN NOT WORK IF YOU DON T HAVE WORK PERMIT AND DON T HAVE VISA. (some exception for emergency situation or representative for short time for some event or official invitation of thai government).
Pour toi le petit francais de 17 ans :
Si tu n as pas le permis de travail associe a ton visa, tu n as pas le droit de travailler en thailande avec ou sans salaire, ca ne changera rien, pareil pour les stages, il te faudra le permis de travail si tu veux etre legalement autorise a faire ton stage en thailande ou gagner de l argent de poche en travaillant.

Can see text issue from foreign ministry of thailand :

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit.   An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1 … a-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

Poto-Hugo wrote:

I can teach French, English or, do something totally different, I'm open for any opportunity that shows up (after consideration of course :)...)
Any suggestion, advise, or anything ?

Thai law :

2.4   Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Teaching)  Foreigners who intend to take up employment as school teachers at the levels below university level in Thailand must submit the following required documents:
- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.
- Letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand.
- Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission.
- Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.
- School license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile.
- Applicant's resume.       
- Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record or equivalents or letter issued by authorised agencies in applicant's country. (The requirement of the submission of such police certificate is optional. The applicant must submit it if consular officer requests he/she to do so. This requirement is effective as from May 2007)

Then you can try teaching...
Many don t  have problem, because respect law or are lucky until police control them, or someone talk about you to autorities (collegues jalouse or trouble, student not happy, another teacher want your student, someone don t want pay your lesson..., not legal = take risk)

Many have problem and not come to talk because :
- are in jail,
- black list and outside country,
- paid fine in all case and not prood,
- some try corruption or said don t know law...not sure it work if your goal is to earn money or have experience in thailand.

Some schools don t provide work permit and said you  , but if you have problem, they don t care you.
Now you can t say you don t know law. Life in Thailand is cool, if you want take risk to have problem, up to you.