Got a Job Offer 6880 SAR/per Month Need Advice

Hi,

I got a job offer as Doctor in MOH in Al-Qassim.Salary offered as SAR 6880.Few things are confusing

1.Tell me about Al-Qassim

2.My husband will accompany with me,he is basically a banker by profession having more then 7 years experience so what are his chances to get a job there?

3.He will be on Family visa so if he gets a job offer there will he have to exit and re-enter or it will change at there?

Kindly need advice before making serious decision....!

Dr.Sadia

1- We don't have much to tell you about Qassim. It's duller than the big 3-cities, which are dull too :)

2- Banking field is overwhemly saudizied. Chances of expats getting banking jobs is thus very low now.

3- He'll not be allowed to work. If he gets under the Mehram visa (that's the name) which cannot be converted to a work visa. If he gets a job offer, he'll have to ask for a work visa as well. Then a round trip back home to get the new visa endorsed.

Thanks TheLegendLeads well he can try for other finance jobs...what are chances for that?

Can anyone tell me about Al-Qassim??

Almost the same goes for ALL finance & accounting fields, some areas however do exist where he may get a break through for example financial analyst somehere. The best bet would be to roll up his sleeves for a career rebuild from scratch. An MBA will help if he has.

All the Best

Hmmm....kindly tell me about the MOH accomodation? will it be furnished or we have to....!

They have told that if accomodation will not be provided then 3 basic salaries will be given for accomodation so tell me that when will it be disbursd from MOH i mean how much time will it take if they do not provide the accomodation.

Hi! I thought the salary you mentioned is quite low for a qualified doctor... you may want to check on that...

Kymadoce wrote:

Hi! I thought the salary you mentioned is quite low for a qualified doctor... you may want to check on that...

Not quite low mate, Is very low for a Qualified Doctor !!

@ mahesarthegreat, I guess you should do a more of homework on the salary offered in the same field. Good Luck

It's a on the median guys. Lady doctors from South East Asia don't earn aLOT here; especially if inexperienced of Arab environment & (particularly) in the government sector (MoH).

She is probably just a GP.  On top, she has got 2 'handicaps', as the Saudis see them, being female and South Asian.

Well i have completed my Residency (4 years)in Peads...and planing to attempt for FCPS-II in June 2014....kindly advise what to do?

If you have done residency, 6,880 is insulting.  That's what a fresh South Asian GP gets in Saudi.  Have you looked at Dubai, or at UK/Australia/etc?

Even if you have no experience, having done residency you shouldn't be starting with less than 12,000 as a basic salary.  See. If you were an Arab or a Saudi, for the same position in the same place you would probably get double of what they are giving you, and if you were western, you would get triple, at least.

My advice, go work in a country that is not racist when it comes to salaries.

Trapezius wrote:

If you have done residency, 6,880 is insulting.

Totally agree with Trapezius!

Trapezius wrote:

go work in a country that is not racist when it comes to salaries.

OR sexist.

^

Yup, that too.  As I said earlier:

Trapezius wrote:

she has got 2 'handicaps', as the Saudis see them, being female and South Asian.

well few persons are saying that as a start its ok in terms of salary and as you will spend some time later you can get more...what are the chances for that?

@ mahesarthegreat!

You are the best judge of your own self. Although the salary you mentioned is on the margin but it is not bad either considering Qassim is not as much expensive as Riyadh, Jeddah or Dammam.

If you do not have any other opportunity in hand, you should go for it. Always remember that one opportunity will make your way to next. You are still in the early stages of your career and you would have better chances in future...

If you need any further advice, please feel free to drop me a line at [email protected]

Good Luck!

mahesarthegreat wrote:

Hi,

I got a job offer as Doctor in MOH in Al-Qassim.Salary offered as SAR 6880.Few things are confusing

1.Tell me about Al-Qassim

2.My husband will accompany with me,he is basically a banker by profession having more then 7 years experience so what are his chances to get a job there?

3.He will be on Family visa so if he gets a job offer there will he have to exit and re-enter or it will change at there?

Kindly need advice before making serious decision....!

Dr.Sadia

You might want to go through the link below for ground zero reality.

Inside the Kingdom

mahesarthegreat wrote:

well few persons are saying that as a start its ok in terms of salary and as you will spend some time later you can get more...what are the chances for that?

Of course, if you keep working for the same employer, your salary won't change much, if at all.  However, after finishing your contract there, you can find a job in a medical facility in one of the big cities, and get better pay.  How much better, no one can say, but surely it must be more than the peanuts the MOH is offering you now.

Qassim the name of the province.  Which city will you be based in?  I assume Buraydah?  Did you find info about Qassim Province or Buraydah, the capital of the province?  I am only posting wiki links, but you should do a google search for more info and pics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buraydahhttp://wikitravel.org/en/Buraydahhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qassim_Province

Here are some facts and superlatives about Buraydah and Qassim:

1) Most conservative (I would say 'backward'***) region of the country, and that's saying a lot considering the country itself is quite conservative/backward.

2) Largest date producer in the country, and one of the largest in the world.

3) Largest camel market in the world.

4) Unaizah, the 2nd largest city of the province, is not ruled by the Saudi royal family, rather by the Al-Sulaim dynasty.  See wikipedia link for details.

*** Note, I am using the word 'backward' with reference to people's thinking, not necessarily with reference to infrastructure or amenities.  Having said that, all the cities in Qassim are small towns, and therefore, won't have all the amenities and comforts you will find in the big cities.

HI TLL

Can you pls help us with an Idea in terms of compensation a Financial Analyst with 9+ yrs of exp + MBA should get.

An tentative ideal with upper limit as well as lower limit will do to conclude.

Thanks & Regards

SSk

Salimsk2 wrote:

HI TLL

Can you pls help us with an Idea in terms of compensation a Financial Analyst with 9+ yrs of exp + MBA should get.

An tentative ideal with upper limit as well as lower limit will do to conclude.

Thanks & Regards

SSk

Educated guess: 15K SAR/month to 25K SAR/month --- for someone from South Asia

Thanks TLL.

Appreciate if you can confirm if  its a Gross pay you are refering or  basic.

Regards
SSK

Salimsk2 wrote:

Thanks TLL.

Regards
SSK

There's not much difference in Gross and Basic salaries !!

^ what?

Of course there is.  Gross (which includes housing and transport allowance) is 30% to 35% more than basic.  That's a substantial difference.

Yes, you are right. I gave it in my perspective, cuz my housing and transportation is in company's scope !!

:)

Salimsk2 wrote:

Thanks TLL.

Regards
SSK

Gross

Thanks everybody for your valueable inputs...........

Hi TLL / HR Guru

One more question I am in process of getting my degree attested from Saudi Cultural. I have been told my Bachelor degree attestation is more then enough for Financial Analyst position. However I told them If I have a Masters Degree why I should get my lower degree attested.

I just want to know if in case they are only getting my bachelors degree attested for the said position is it going to have any limitation in term  of my career progress.

Your valueable input pls...

Thanks
SSK