New Member Intro from Austun TX

Hello all:

A huge thanks to all of you for your informative posts. It is so nice to be able to come to one place and find all the info we need to male our final plans.

I am Suzi and my husband is Ronnie. My avatar is a pic of our Aussie pup, Bailey. If Bailey and I do not kill each other getting trained and the exercise she requires, we will be a family in Belize..LOL.  We reside in Austin and after many years working for Dell computers...we got laid off...happy dance here...:D  we semi retired and are now managing a very nice RV Park by Lake Travis.  Needless to say, we cannot afford to retire on social security anywhere in the states. After managing the adult day care...ooops...RV Park... for many years, we are ready to stop. Thus I began searching.  And searching.  And searching. I have decided, at this point, for a myriad of reasons, on Belize.  Hopefully by next year, we will be able to move.(Renting first for long term of course..I learn quickly..) We are planning a mid summer visit just to take a look. I want to see the rainy season first hand to see what happens in various areas.
We look forward to future posts and perhaps meeting some of you soon. Thank you for all you do!  Other than that moron...errr person..who habitually screams doom awaits all who set foot in Belize. That moron can take a flying leap.  (Sorry..post menopausal and sometimes simply cannot be politically correct)

Welcome!  I hope Belize is everything you want and need.  I am retired here and have found my home in Corozal.  I rent, of course, but am very happy with my choice.  Enjoy each moment when you come and see for yourself.  One persons Paradise is another person's Hell!  Only you can decide!  Best!

cbmarch:

Congratulations on your choice of Belize for retirement. Your story sounds familiar to others that have made the move here. I'm new here (1st month as an expat), but enjoying. Especially when it is -36 F at home in Canada with the wind chill. Our dogs have been enjoying it too. We have a small farm so they get to go out and run and explore. They have been city dogs, so meeting cows, horses, Gibnuts, and and many much larger insects than we have in Canada has been a learning experience for them.

Good idea to see things in the rainy season. The locals tell me this is the most rain they have seen in their life in the San Ignacio area (in the last few weeks). We are really happy that our land has stayed away from being flooded.

Hello,
I just read your post and I have traveled to Belize a couple of times diving and loved it!..I drove from Ft. Lauderdale to Austin to see family and I have been here for a month. I would love to speak with you about your experiences and ideas about Belize . Please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Regards,
Marcie

What you are reading online is a tip of the iceberg.  This is a poor country, with only 30 yrs independence.   come stay  awhile, making no financial commitments.  give it at least 1 rainy season or a year, renting a place.  then decide.   There are many things about Belize that are appealing and some not so much.

Tell me those things about Belize that do not appeal to you?

Send me a private message with your  email address & I will share what has been difficult for me.  perhaps what are issues for me, will be of no consequence to you.  Everyone is different and every area/district of Belize is different also.

Good idea Kris.  Open forums are for other purposes
If you pm me your email I will also share.

I can't seem to get a private message through to you - my email address is [email protected]. Happy Holidays! Marcie