American College Graduates - Moving to India

Hello! My name is Ravi, and I am graduating from college in June 2010. My friend and I are planning to move to India for 1 year to work and travel - we are interested in any kind of job that will pay us well enough to live in a furnished 2 bedroom apartment and pay for necessary living expenses as well as travel.  We are looking into living in Pune, Mumbai or any other location that has opportunities for us.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about planning the process, finding a job, etc.  Also, if we come to India on a visitor visa, is there any way we will be able to work? or is work visa absolutely required? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

I am assuming that you'd like a nice job with a good company, which means that work visa is absolutely required. I am not sure about how you would find companies who would be willing to sponsor your work visa, but maybe you could find information on indiamike.com (I think you might have to register with them first?) and also, Yuni Net (a Yahoo! Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yuni-Net/ … =dir&slk=2).

Also, and I might be wrong, but if you come on a tourist visa, you must leave the country after 6 months and then to re-enter, you will have to wait for 2 months.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information!  I will definitely look into it!