Housing timescales

Morning all,

Hopefully you are all having a good weekend!

My husband is shortly to fly out to Dhahran to start a new role, and once his iqama has been arranged we will meet him in Bahrain to try to find a suitable place to live.

My questions are twofold:

1)  For those of you who have iqamas, I believe that the process takes about 2 - 4 weeks, was this your experience?

2)  I am trying to pull together a short list of recommended people so that I can contact them before my son and I head to Bahrain in order that we can speed up the process a little!  Do you have any recommendations you would like to share?

Many thanks

Sarah

A contract can be signed a couple of days after viewing a property.

You have to pay 3 months rent up front, but then you don't pay anymore rent for 3 months

You will visit villa's that are filthy and look tatty but the landlord should use the up front rent to paint the villa and do any repairs that YOU point out to him/her.

You should by now have your child on a waiting list for a school or already accepted. The schools here are very full.

I've emailed you the details of my friend who is in real estate

Jo

You can also visit www.bahrainpropertyworld.com to see the list of available properties across Bahrain

Thanks guys,

I've been browsing the Bahrain Property World site quite a bit (concentrating on Hamala, Janabiya and Saar as I saw a post saying those were the better areas if commuting to Al Khobar!).

Thanks Jo, I need to arrange to visit schools while we visit to see if one feels right.  At the moment we are thinking of me staying here while our son finishes the school year and then moving him ready for the new school year!

Also does anyone know of anywhere that does a Christmas meal or some such? for while we are visiting, I probably won't have a car for this one!

Thank you all for making this such an informative and friendly forum!

All the best

Sarah

Everywhere does a Christmas meal. Eat in or take away. Don't worry, you will be fine