Where is a good place to stay?

Hi everyone,
I am considering renting a place at either Battaramulla or Dehiwala and I would like to know how others feel about either of this place. Distance wise both are ok for me, but I would like to know which area would be better.

Battaramulla area is less crowded and beautiful.

If you are not traveling into the heart of Colombo Battaramulla would be ideal.However if you are planning to be a part of that trafic in the morning dehiwala would be the ideal place.Shame I just rented out my house in Battaramulla few days back.Hope Sri Lanka would treat you well :)

Thank you for the responses. How is the shopping and entertainment and things in both areas? Thanks in advance :)

Hi
any place is good for shopping for fancy goods, clothing, and things But better to shop at Kollupitiya, Bambalapitiya area. Dehiwala too. Some villages are famous for its own products. Handicrafts, hand painted batik cloths, leather products, Hand woven materials, cane products, furniture, brass, wood carvings etc. When you are in Sri Lanka, you will come to know.
Sri Lanka is not a metropolitan country. But many garments are produced in Sri Lanka for world market.