Can my company's driver, drive a car that is under my name?

Hi

My company is getting me a driver under their sponsorship.

Will the driver me able to drive my car?

We will both be under the same sponsor.

I think this was possible before but with the new law I don't know if it still works.

Thanks
Daniel

Yes I believe you can
As long as you both have valid Iqamas then there shouldn't be any problem.
But just to be on the safe side here, go see your company's government liaison officer, he may have some sort of document/card designated for such arrangement.
Hope it works out for you.

LB

A similar kind of topic was recently discussed here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=319256

To summarize,
1- You've to register on MOI (Ministry of interior) website. And activate your account by visiting an Abshir machine. Your finger prints will be validated in fact while you do so.

2- Now log in to your account and find your car in the related section.

3- Issue an authorization in your driver's iqama number. Note: There are two options. Co-Ownership [the above link I shared is all about that] and the Authorization. You've to go for the latter.

4- Visit your insurance company and ask them to modify your current policy. Your driver must be added in the covered drivers list.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

A similar kind of topic was recently discussed here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=319256

To summarize,
1- You've to register on MOI (Ministry of interior) website. And activate your account by visiting an Abshir machine. Your finger prints will be validated in fact while you do so.

2- Now log in to your account and find your car in the related section.

3- Issue an authorization in your driver's iqama number. Note: There are two options. Co-Ownership [the above link I shared is all about that] and the Authorization. You've to go for the latter.

4- Visit your insurance company and ask them to modify your current policy. Your driver must be added in the covered drivers list.

I tip my hat to you Legend
I see very little people who live up to their name

LB

Local Brownie wrote:

What are you talking about?!?  I live up to my name :mad:

Alliecat wrote:
Local Brownie wrote:

What are you talking about?!?  I live up to my name :mad:

Hahaha I swear that every fiber in my body told me you would pick up on that and say something like that

Yes, Alliecat, you most certainly live up to your name, that's why I said little and not non haha

Good to hear from ya cat, it been a while

LB

:thanks: @Local_Brownie for the compliment :)

Allie!
Why don't you replace your display pic with this ..... {GREEEEEEEN with ENVY} :lol:

http://pendletonpanther.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/green_cat.jpg

@Thelegendleads haha! You certainly most welcome my firend

A green cat? Just don't get her angry, you wouldn't like her when she's angry :dumbom:

I like her in all her colors ;)

Haha aww that's just cute :P