Moving to Dubai and making my own IT company

Hi,

I am thinking to move to Dubai on next January in order to first change life and also to improve my business, which is problematic here in Italy due to the crisis.

I would like to have from you living in Dubai an opinion about the life there (from the perspective of european) and the possibility to open an IT company and make business there.

thank you

Welcome, Sir

Hi

well first of all, Indians and anyone from the Sub continent will under cut you with prices. If you do tenders, they will always find a way to give a better deal or price to the customer.

The Golden rule is that if you want to make your business work - YOU NEED TO HAVE A GOOD SERVICE!!!

and the relationship with your customers is key here. People don't easily trust newcomers and are always suspicious. The market in the essence of IT is getting exhausted. It is difficult for European males or South Africans to land a good IT position in Dubai as almost all Indians are cheap labour occupying high profile positions like Management but only get paid a few thousand dirhams.

So to be truthful, I don't want to be Mr Doom - But you might want to rethink your strategy. How are you going to make business? Who are you going to employ? Are those that you employ Trust worthy? How long do you want to trade in UAE?

You really have to do your homework.

Good luck on that

and keep in touch

I'm currently in the process of opening my own IT company in JLT freezone. It's an e-commerce. Leave me a message if you want to talk about IT in Dubai.

Well in that case I am available if you are looking for staff, right now Im just looking at keeping a visa open so salary wise I'm willing to negotiate. I have 2 years experience in the GCC from Oman to Qatar. You welcome to PM me if you need contact details to discuss your prospects

Dear Sir,
If you need any accounts staff, please let me know sir.
Wish you all the best for your future business.
Regards,
GM
[email protected]

Ulukman wrote:

I'm currently in the process of opening my own IT company in JLT freezone. It's an e-commerce. Leave me a message if you want to talk about IT in Dubai.

If you are looking for some one with PHP, mySQL, javascript, jquery and photoshop. Royalty free photos for your works defenitly i can help you out. i will be available on weekends and off duty times.

By the way i am from India. like wise less price and decent quality as every where :D

Hello,
It will be a challenge for a new IT Business in UAE. There is lot of competition around and Individuals and freelancers are posing with cheap deals. I suggest you to go through different resources and enter the market. You have the option to start initially with Freelancing company through which cost is minimal and you get the visa.

Cheers.
Maqs