SA Food

Could anybody in Sao Paulo please advise me where I could get some boerewors and bovil, also some decent tea, like tetley, not all this healthy stuff?

Hi Melissa,

It is very unlikely that you're going to find Boerewors in Brazil. You can do a Google search and find several recipies if you're of a mind to try your hand at making your own.

I take it that what you're looking for is Bovril and not Bovil as you typed... you may find it at either the Mercado Municipal de São Paulo, Rua da Cantareira, No. 306 - Sé, São Paulo (near both Estação Luz or São Bento) or at the Mercado Municipal da Lapa (right across from Estação Lapa). You should also find Tetley or Twinnings teas there too.

You could also try Casa Santa Luzia, Alameda Lorena 1471 - Jardins, São Paulo (near Rua Augusta) they have all kinds of imported foods. It's a fantastic store.

If you have any other questions about Brazil or São Paulo it would be much better to post them directly to the Brazil Forum.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hi Melissa Lindsay,

Please note that your post is now on the Sao Paulo Forum for more interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thank you.