Fashion Internship in Kuwait

Dear all,

I have received a Fashion internship offer in Kuwait for only KD450 per month. My budget will be it + around 860 Euros per month

-Is it easy to find a flatshare for a single woman?
-What are the websites and how much per month all included?

-Can I come on a tourist visa for 3 months and renew it in Dubai afterwards? (that is what the company suggested)

-If no car, what transportation is there and how much is it per week or month?

Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

Not sure if someone already replied to you but i figured i would help since i didnt get much help when i came here.

Well first you say that you got a fashion internship? Honestly there isnt really such a thing in kuwait , well itleast not the sole real intention of the companies. I say this because i am in the fashion industry and i had my fair share of asswholes to deal with here . Anyways just be carefull not to be taken advantage of because 450kd isnt much at all here, the reason i say that because rent alone will be at minimum for a studio apartment  220-240kd , itleast for a decent area. Than you have transportation which is fairly cheap but depends on distance, but for the most part you definitely can take taxis since 1-2 kd gets you around for decent distances but can be higher depending again on distance. You can arrange a deal with a taxi to pick you up and drop you at certain times and try to make it as 1kd per ride. Public transportations is definitly not an option, its not like Europe, not a place for women, itleast i dont think so.

I hope this helped and i will try to help with other questions if you have some.

Good luck :)

Tourist visas do not allow you to work. There are some 1 month visas or year visas but you will need to get the company to sponsor you.  Its awkward to get a long work visa once you are here. Visit the Kuwait embassy to look at the process.

My advice is get the visa sorted before you travel.

Many thanks guys for your information. I have been informed to apply indeed for a Work Visa although it takes more time but at least it is secured.

So let's take it from here and see if the company will agree to sponsor me and how long it will take to get a Visa.

Thanks!

Hi

make sure the company sponsors you before coming here. or visit Kuwait before signing any contracts or deciding what to do. you will need a car here  public transportation is limited and not safe for someone like you. 450KD is not enough, UNLESS they are also giving you a transportation and apartment allowance.