Marriage in Saudi arabia

hi

I just want to ask how to get marry in Saudi Arabia, I mean not in the embassy. what are the requirements to marry a Syrian national, im a Filipino.. and we are wishing to get marry in Saudi. Is a temporary muslim i.d ok with them. I converted to be an muslim .

thank you

Hi ana21j,

A new discussion has been created on the Saudi Arabia forum with your post for more visibility. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

ana21 wrote:

hi

I just want to ask how to get marry in Saudi Arabia, I mean not in the embassy. what are the requirements to marry a Syrian national, im a Filipino.. and we are wishing to get marry in Saudi. Is a temporary muslim i.d ok with them. I converted to be an muslim .

thank you

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … rabia.html

Hi Ana,

You are welcome to contact me through [email protected] for further assistance

kind Regards,
Riaz

saqib3 wrote:

Hi Ana,

You are welcome to contact me through [email protected] for further assistance

kind Regards,
Riaz

Why? Are you a marriage registrar?

Dear I am not a marriage registrar, I want to marry,,,,

saqib3 wrote:

Dear I am not a marriage registrar, I want to marry,,,,

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

So let me understand this:  you want to marry ana21, who is already marrying somebody else?  :top:  I love it!  A woman here with multiple hubbies!!!

:) See how easily 'further assistance' gets available. Humanity still exists; common sense, No!

Further assistance = I will marry you

?

:rolleyes:

And why is it always South Asians?

TheLegendLeads wrote:

:) See how easily 'further assistance' gets available. Humanity still exists; common sense, No!

:one

I am already married(in india) 3 yrs back but still under my fathers's sponsorship. My husband also got  job in Saudi now. How do I get transferred to my husband's Sponsorship now? I dont want to leave saudi on exit or whatever. Do I have to register here again at court as new couples or can anything be done with the old marriage certificate?

Okay, simple, The company your husband is working with, should give family visa letter to your husband who will send that to you and you will take that letter to one of the authorized agents in india, you will get your visa on that visa letter and travel to Saudia, where the company will arrange your Iqama and insurance etc

Regards,

tinytoon wrote:

I am already married(in india) 3 yrs back but still under my fathers's sponsorship. My husband also got  job in Saudi now. How do I get transferred to my husband's Sponsorship now? I dont want to leave saudi on exit or whatever. Do I have to register here again at court as new couples or can anything be done with the old marriage certificate?

As you are an Iqama holder, go for the hassle-fee local transfer.

- Your dad will issue an NoC stating that he doesn't have objections on your transfer to Mr. XYZ, Iqama# 321. The NoC will be on his emplyer's letterhead, countersigned by the authority person and then attested by CoC (Chamber of Commerce).

- The marriage certificate must be translated in Arabic and (both) attested by saudi embassy in your home country. An attestation from MoFA will be required too (probably).

- Have you got your new passport yet? If not, please do so.

- Your husband's company mandoob can take the matter from there and transfer you to your hubby's iqama in Jawazat.

Trapezius wrote:

?

South asian women (mostly non-muslims) are free to decide what they want to do with their lives - including whom to chose to marry.

Paks/Indians/Arabs are mostly arranged marriages, so I doubt they'll have any questions in these forum.

:blink: @Popolocroix,
Big time blown out of proportion assessment :)

Popolocroix wrote:
Trapezius wrote:

?

South asian women (mostly non-muslims) are free to decide what they want to do with their lives - including whom to chose to marry.

Paks/Indians/Arabs are mostly arranged marriages, so I doubt they'll have any questions in these forum.

I don't see how that was a response to what I posted/asked (seems like you didn't understand what my post is saying), and I don't understand your point regardless.

All that aside, you contradicted yourself big time within your post.  You say most South Asian women are non-Muslims and are free to choose their marriage partner.  That's a false statement, but let's suppose it is true.  You contradict that statement by saying Indians mostly have arranged marriages.  But what are Indians?  Aren't they South Asians?  So according to you, they have the freedom to choose their partner, but they also have arranged marriages.  Which one is it?

Exactly!

What South Asia actually mean is this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/South_Asia_UN.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Asia

Trape'
SMH! Im on the ground, rolling with laughter!

Tranquile, fellows. I'm still SMH.

Allie.... you're killin' me
buaaaaahhhhhh!

gotta find humor here, lest we all go mad!

Thanks for the reply. I have some doubts.

1. won't there won't be any problem ? since I have been married already but still staying single under dad's sponsorship. So the officials wont ask what were u doing all these days..blah blah?

2. Also with local transfer, I dont need to go back to india and return?

3. My passport is valid for another 8 years, still I should go for a new one? (I think probably u ask this to add my husband's name in it )

Trapezius wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:
Trapezius wrote:

?

I don't see how that was a response to what I posted/asked (seems like you didn't understand what my post is saying), and I don't understand your point regardless.
All that aside, you contradicted yourself big time within your post.  You say most South Asian women are non-Muslims and are free to choose their marriage partner.  That's a false statement, but let's suppose it is true.  You contradict that statement by saying Indians mostly have arranged marriages.  But what are Indians?  Aren't they South Asians?  So according to you, they have the freedom to choose their partner, but they also have arranged marriages.  Which one is it?

Oh Yeah! I was "Conciously" eyeing on the post made by Ana which is from South EAST Asia - and the guy she is marrying from Syria...but obviously quoted South Asia, and missed your point in saying that South Asian guys are ALWAYS there for ASSISTANCE.

I sit corrected! Thanks to me - this thread is getting further life... :D

Popolocroix wrote:

Thanks to me - this thread is getting further life... :D

:dumbom:

While the rest of us were hoping it would die! lol

up

tinytoon wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I have some doubts.

1. won't there won't be any problem ? since I have been married already but still staying single under dad's sponsorship. So the officials wont ask what were u doing all these days..blah blah?

2. Also with local transfer, I dont need to go back to india and return?

3. My passport is valid for another 8 years, still I should go for a new one? (I think probably u ask this to add my husband's name in it )

1- No. Stay relaxed. They won't ask.

2- That's what local means. You don't have to go on exit.

3- Yes. Your husband's name must appear on this passport. Now, how Indian embassy does it, I don't have a clue.