Regarding an offer i got in muscat

I got an offer in IT industry,in muscat,and they offered me 3 lakhs/annum.
and said that,1.8 lakh/annum will be ur take home,and 1.2 will be for accomodation food,travels etc.
So,i would like to know whether it is enough to live as bachelor in muscat,because,i got my desired job,but,thinking whether it is enough to live there,or have to face problems with that salary
if not,how much salary i have to ask them.
please reply me

Hi blsrskv,

Welcome to Expat.com.

I invite you to browse through the different threads on the forum cost of living in Muscat. This might be helpful.

I am sure other members will also provide you with some relevant answers.

Thank you and best of luck.

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

This much salary is not enough for you even as a baechlor, you must ask at least 6 lacs per annum because here even the labour gets 3 lacs per annum infact some of them get more than that because here everything is very expensive as compared to india, so in my opinion you better not come to oman in that salary, u can get better salary in india itslef if you try harder.

AS schez said its better if you can put these figures in OMR it will be easy to answer.

Hi dear,

I do not want to make you upset, but salary described by you is very low and you cannot save anything with this. You can see discussion on " cost of living in Muscat" in this forum. Better you ask your employer to increase your package ( 5 to 6 lakh ) or try to get better job in India itself. Because with this less package you can live here but there will be nothing to save.

thanks for all ur replies,