Where to buy sushi meat?

Was curious if there is a store or market that sells sushi grade seafood in HCMC? Making homemade sushi in US was something I did often and am missing it!

I was told that there is a Japanese market somewhere here. I want to say try the edge of Le Thanh Ton since they have lots of Japanese-oriented places there.

Thanks! Will look into that. I'm in Phu My Hung and know Japanese live here but have yet to see a Japanese store, just restaurants. :(

Japantovietnam wrote:

Le Thanh Ton

Yep there are a couple of shops on this street, they've got a reasonable selection of goods, but I'm not sure about sushi ingredients.

The most well-known Japanese store in HCMC is Family Mart. They have 1 store near PhuMyHung, 1 on Ly Chinh Thang (I don't know others besides the two above:D).
Also, just realized that there is 1 Japanese store (not visited yet) located on the corner of 3 thang 2 and Cao thang street.
Family Mart sells only Japanese items, including some sushi materials.
Hope you can find some there

If you are living near District 2, you can try Metro An Phu (Metro Cash & Carry). I got a friend who married a Japanese in HCMC, and she usually goes there for Japanese ingredients as well as fish and meat for sashimi.