Hello! Canadian looking to live in Asia

I am a citizen of Canada looking to relocate to another part of the world. I have a good life here, but I need to try something else. I'll most likely need to get an education before that happens, but I don't think it would hurt to at least introduce myself here and potentially make a few new contacts in the meantime.

As for where I would like to go, I have been thinking a lot about southeast Asia. I haven't made up my mind about where exactly (or even which country), but there are enough interesting places in that area for me to consider moving there. I'm looking for somewhere warm, with a nicer climate than where I currently live. Ideally it would be a tropical location, with lots of beautiful scenery. I would like to live in some sort of a coastal region, if possible. That would be perfect for someone like me.

As I mentioned above, I don't really have much to offer in the way of skills or experience yet, and I only speak English as of now. I would be interested in learning a new language, maybe even some type of language exchange deal. First of all I guess I just need to figure out where exactly I want to go, so any recommendations would be very welcome!

Has anyone done this type of a move before? Do you have any experiences or advice you would be willing to share? It can be about education, making a practical career choice, relocating - anything, really. I'm always up for making new friends as well, so feel welcome to introduce yourself anyway. Thank you in advance :-)

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Hi laaidback,

Your thread has been moved to the Asia forum for better interaction. I suggest you to go through the different forum, this might help you make up your mind.

Don't hesitate to participate on these forum if you need information or help. It might help. Thank you. :)

Thank you,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Thank you, David.